Senior Frontend Engineer
The Senior Frontend Engineer will be a key member of the Solution Engineering team in the VN. Engineers display a solid understanding of core engineering concepts. They are focused on growing as an engineer, learning the team’s tools and current processes, as well as a strong background in Engineering best-practices like automated testing, source control, and agile planning.
They communicate well and are capable of delivering feedback to peers and their manager. When given a task with unclear requirements they know how to ask for clarification, and ensure that all assumptions are vetted before work starts to reduce the need for re-work. They understand how their work fits into the larger picture for their team, and use this to identify conflicting requirements to their team lead and project manager. Senior Frontend Engineer also works with the FE team to share best practices and provide support/guidance to junior members.
Day to Day
- Work on projects with high complexity, large or strategic projects.
- Writing and reviewing code from the sprint backlog inline with front-end team best practices
- Assisting in driving team sprint execution to ensure timelines are met without compromising on quality.
- Anticipates and communicates blockers or delays for their work (or their squads) before they require escalation.
- Consistently writes production-ready code that is easily testable, easily understood by other engineers, and accounts for edge cases and errors.
- Provides technical advice and weighs in on technical discussions / decisions that impact their team.
- Ensures their commitments are realistic, understands their priority and urgency, and delivers upon them accordingly.
Communication & Leadership Duties
- Communicate within your team in an effective, clear, concise manner in both written and verbal form on technical and non technical subjects.
- Helps their fellow team members overcome obstacles, resolve blockers, and complete work tasks.
- Mentors more junior teammates in an open, respectful, flexible, and empathetic manner.
- Resolving code-based defects discovering either through project work or through our technical support team
- Contributing to continual improvement of coding standards and methods used by our technical development team
- Contributing to technical documentation such as technical design and as built documents
- Must have at least 3+ years of commercial experience in Front-end web development
- Experienced in Front end unit testing frameworks (ideally Mocha or Jest).
- Experienced in CSS Preprocessors (ideally Sass)
- Must have strong written and oral English language communication skills
DESIRED SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE
- Will have at least 2+ years’ experience developing web applications with ReactJS
- Ideally experienced with one or more of the following: Vuejs, AngularJs, NodeJs and/or Redux
- Strong experience in modern front-end build tools (e.g. Git, Webpack, Yarn, Grunt, NPM).
- Familiar with RESTful API, GraphQL
- Knowledgeable in modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token.
- Beneficial to have prior experience working with offshore and distributed teams
- Exposure to Agile development methodologies such as Scrum and Kanban
- Prior experience with common cross functional tools in JIRA, Confluence, GitHub
- Understands the importance of contributing to the CI/CD pipeline and automation
Skedulo is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that a diverse makeup of our workforce is a reflection of the communities we care about and serve. We are committed to creating a diverse workplace and inclusive culture. All qualified candidates are considered for employment regardless of race, color, ancestry, age, religion, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran status, marital status, mental or physical disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Fun, creative and fast-paced working environment
- Flextime - 3 days in the office & 2 days work from home
- Medical Benefits for employee + spouse and children
- Annual health check-up
- Company & Team Offsites
- 7 paid sick days per year
- 4 weeks paid leave per year
- 12 days of paid holiday per year
- 3 Paid Volunteer Days per year
- One-time Working from Home Stipend
- Mental Health Support/Resources through Modern Health
- Equity in the form of SARS (Stock Appreciation Rights)
- Kitchen stocked with snacks & drinks
- Paid Parental Leave for both carers
- Learning & Development Stipend
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Our offices have creative, open workspaces with room to play, reflect, and relax
- Our team works hard but also plays hard; we will challenge your best table tennis and PS4 skills
We encourage you to apply
If you read through the requirements as a checklist and haven’t ticked every box, please don’t rule yourself out just yet. We’ve seen the research that women and other people in underrepresented groups tend to only apply when the checklist is all ticks and no crosses. Don’t self reject!