Senior Salesforce Engineer
Engineers display a solid understanding of core engineering concepts. They are focused on growing as an engineer, learning the squad’s tools and current processes, as well as a strong background in Engineering best-practices like automated testing, source control, and agile planning.
Capable of taking well-scoped components from a larger project and completing these tasks in a reasonable time frame. Engineers at this level are assumed to be constantly making steady progress on assigned tasks and know when to ask for help when they are blocked. They can own their independent small-to-medium features all the way through from technical design to launch.
They communicate well and are capable of delivering feedback to peers and their manager. When given a task with unclear requirements they know how to ask for clarification, and ensure that all assumptions are vetted before work starts to reduce the need for re-work. They understand how their work fits into the larger picture for their squad, and use this to identify conflicting requirements to their squad lead and product manager. As Engineers learn they will start to participate more in the technical design process, often with guidance from senior engineers.
Engineers at this level should be improving the speed at which they learn from their mistakes. By the time an engineer is ready to be promoted to Senior Engineer they will have focused on some technology as their expertise and become capable of mentoring interns and junior engineers in these areas.
Day to Day
- Writing and reviewing code from the sprint backlog inline with backend guild best practices
- Assisting in driving squad sprint execution to ensure timelines are met without compromising on quality.
- Anticipates and communicates blockers or delays for their work (or their squads) before they require escalation.
- Consistently writes production-ready code that is easily testable, easily understood by other engineers, and accounts for edge cases and errors.
- Provides technical advice and weighs in on technical discussions/decisions that impact their team.
- Ensures their commitments are realistic, understands their priority and urgency, and delivers upon them accordingly.
Communication & Leadership Duties
- Communicate within your team effectively, clearly, concisely in both written and verbal form on technical and non-technical subjects.
- Helps their fellow team members overcome obstacles, resolve blockers, and complete work tasks.
- Mentors more junior teammates in an open, respectful, flexible, and empathetic manner.
- Must have 3+ years prior experience as a backend developer in a complex development environment (Salesforce Platform or CRM System is preferred)
- Must have at least 1+ years working with unit and integration testing patterns
- Must have at least 1+ years working with agile development methodologies
- Must have at least 1+ years commercial experience in NodeJS/TypeScript or an appetite to learn
- Must possess strong oral and written English language communication skills
Desired Skills/ Experience
- Preferred candidates will have a team player mentality, quick on their feet, agile, and aren't afraid to speak up and voice their opinion.
- Preferred candidates will have prior experience working with AWS
- Preferred candidates will have prior experience working with GraphQL
- Preferred candidates will have prior experience setting up and contributing to CI/CD environments
Skedulo is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that a diverse makeup of our workforce is a reflection of the communities we care about and serve. We are committed to creating a diverse workplace and inclusive culture. All qualified candidates are considered for employment regardless of race, color, ancestry, age, religion, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran status, marital status, mental or physical disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Fun, creative and fast-paced working environment
- Flextime - 3 days in the office & 2 days work from home
- Medical Benefits for employee + spouse and children
- Annual health check-up
- Company & Team Offsites
- 7 paid sick days per year
- 4 weeks paid leave per year
- 12 days of paid holiday per year
- 3 Paid Volunteer Days per year
- One-time Working from Home Stipend
- Mental Health Support/Resources through Modern Health
- Equity in the form of SARS (Stock Appreciation Rights)
- Kitchen stocked with snacks & drinks
- Paid Parental Leave for both carers
- Learning & Development Stipend
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Our offices have creative, open workspaces with room to play, reflect, and relax
- Our team works hard but also plays hard; we will challenge your best table tennis and PS4 skills
We encourage you to apply
If you read through the requirements as a checklist and haven’t ticked every box, please don’t rule yourself out just yet. We’ve seen the research that women and other people in underrepresented groups tend to only apply when the checklist is all ticks and no crosses. Don’t self reject!