Here at Skedulo, we’re on a mission to support the 2.7 billion people in the world—and the companies that employ them—who do not work at a desk every day. Our global teams are collaborative, ambitious, innovative, and passionate about helping our customers realize their fullest potential by enabling their mobile workforces.
The Skedulo team is a tight-knit group of builders who are passionate about shaping the future of how work gets done outside of the traditional office setting. We are looking for motivated, self-starters who share our values, challenge the status quo, and push the pace of innovation in order to accelerate growth. If you’re drawn to solving hard problems and want to help develop software that will make a difference in people’s lives, Skedulo is for you. Visit our website to learn more about what Skedulo does and to learn more about our people and team.
We are seeking an experienced Analytics Engineer to join our team, dedicated to enhancing our customer-facing analytics product offering. The ideal candidate will have a strong foundation in algorithms, data structures, and data warehousing concepts. They should be proficient in SQL and have a strong aptitude for data analysis and exploration.
The Analytics Engineer will work closely with data engineering tools including DMS, Dbt, and Airflow, and be well-versed in Business Intelligence technologies such as Power BI, Looker, and Tableau. We seek a detail-oriented problem solver with a passion for staying up-to-date with the latest technology and data trends.
- Understand business requirements and translate them into customized data models using LookML
- Validate data accuracy of implemented solutions
- Create and maintain customized dashboards for customers, visualizing data according to their specific requirements
- Manage end-to-end data pipelines, including DMS, Redshift, and Airflow, ensuring data flows smoothly
- Maintain and update data models using DBT
- Onboard new customers onto our Analytics platform, guiding them through the process
- Monitor alert channels to investigate and troubleshoot data pipeline issues, particularly data update problems
- Provide consultation and training to help colleagues enhance their skills when necessary
- Customize LookML models to meet the unique business requirements of each customer
Communication & Leadership Duties:
- Communicate with our business and technical teams in an effective, clear, concise manner in both written and verbal form to understand the analytics requirements.
- Helps their fellow team members overcome obstacles, resolve blockers, and complete work tasks.
- Contribute to technical documentation such as technical design and as-built documents.
- Proficiency in algorithms, data structures, and data warehousing concepts.
- Strong SQL skills, including the ability to write queries, functions, and procedures.
- Experience in data analysis and exploration.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with minimal supervision.
- Must have strong interpersonal, written, and oral English language communication skills
Desired Skills/ Experience:
- Experience with AWS
- Familiarity with data tools like DMS, Dbt, and Airflow.
- Understanding of BI technologies (e.g., Power BI, Looker, Tableau), methodologies, and their applications.
- Familiar with Agile/Scrum development with sprints
Skedulo is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that a diverse makeup of our workforce is a reflection of the communities we care about and serve. We are committed to creating a diverse workplace and inclusive culture. All qualified candidates are considered for employment regardless of race, color, ancestry, age, religion, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran status, marital status, mental or physical disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Fun, creative, and fast-paced working environment
- Flextime - 3 days in the office & 2 days working from home
- Medical Benefits for employee + spouse and children
- Annual health check-up
- Company & Team Offsites
- 7 paid sick days per year
- 4 weeks paid leave per year
- 12 days of paid holiday per year
- 3 Paid Volunteer Days per year
- One-time Working from Home Stipend
- Mental Health Support/Resources through Modern Health
- Equity in the form of SARS (Stock Appreciation Rights)
- Kitchen stocked with snacks & drinks
- Paid Parental Leave for both carers
- Learning & Development Stipend
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Our offices have creative, open workspaces with room to play, reflect, and relax
- Our team works hard but also plays hard; we will challenge your best table tennis and PS4 skills
We encourage you to apply
If you read through the requirements as a checklist and haven’t ticked every box, please don’t rule yourself out just yet. We’ve seen the research that women and other people in underrepresented groups tend to only apply when the checklist is all ticks and no crosses. Don’t self reject!