Procurement & Logistics Officer
New South Wales, Australia
Posted on Saturday, September 9, 2023
SunDrive was founded in 2015 and is backed by some of Australia’s top venture capital firms (Blackbird, MainSequence, Virescent, Grok), and the Australian Government (CEFC,ARENA). SunDrive has grown from a UNSW PhD project in a garage to producing the world’s most efficient commercial-sized solar cells, enabling lower coast, scalable supply and a more environmentally friendly production.SunDrive’s proprietary technology enables the use of copper instead of silver for the solar cell electrodes. This has been studied for decades, but with this technological breakthrough we have caused shockwaves throughout the industry, as we take the next step forward to unlocking more sustainable, near unlimited green energy solution for the world.As the very first Purchasing & Logistics Officer you will be responsible for all aspects of purchasing and logistics across SunDrive. This includes sourcing and negotiating with suppliers, placing orders, tracking shipments, and managing inventory. The ideal candidate will have the ability to interface with and speak with China based teams and be willing to build our systems and processes from 0-1.You'll be responsible for:
- Sourcing and negotiating with suppliers both locally and internationally.
- Work with suppliers and logistics to ensure smooth delivery of dangerous goods.
- Lead, forecast and plan for internal requirements to ensure timely delivery of required materials and equipment.
- Organize installers of equipment with support of the HR team for Visa’s, Housing, Internet, etc.
- Work with team leaders and executives to provide regular updates of shipments to keep them up to date on expected timelines.
- Manage inventory levels internally both currently and forecasted as we scale.
- Develop and implement purchasing and logistics policies and procedures, including systems as required.
- Contribute to CAPEX efficiency, representing the Purchasing and Logistics function.
- Local and International travel to build strong relationships with suppliers.
- Bachelor's degree in business, supply chain management, or a related field preferred
- previous experience in a procurement and logistics role, ideally with exposure to dangerous goods.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to read/speak Chinese
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Free confidential counselling offered to all employees (full time, part time and casual employment) and their immediate family members from first day of employment with SunDrive
- AUD $1,000 per calendar year
- 5 days of leave at full pay
- 13 weeks of leave at full pay for the primary caregiver
- 6 weeks leave for the secondary caregiver (4 weeks Full Pay, 2 weeks Government incentive)
- 6 weeks of parental bereavement leave at full pay for both primary and secondary caregivers
- Up to 2 days working from home per work week for non site and operations staff
- Up to AUD $45 per week for public transport / tolls, 52 weeks per calendar year