Process Engineer Patterning
Macquarie Park NSW 2113, Australia · Australia
Posted on Friday, March 31, 2023
Why SunDrive?SunDrive’s proprietary technology enables the use of copper instead of silver for solar cell electrodes. This technological breakthrough has significant benefits, including greater efficiency, lower cost, a scalable supply chain and more environmentally friendly production.Founded in 2015, SunDrive is backed by some of Australia’s top venture capital firms (Blackbird, MainSequence, Virescent, Grok), tech founders and the Australian Government (CEFC, ARENA). SunDrive has quickly grown from a UNSW Ph.D. project in a garage to producing the world’s most efficient commercial-sized solar cells.We are currently looking to hire a motivated Process Engineer to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for managing the process qualification of a new piece of equipment for our patterning process and carrying out processing tasks, more specifically masking steps, that are crucial to our working process flow. You will be expected to optimise this piece of production scale equipment to prepare for pilot demonstration and you will be responsible for the day-to-day operation and maintenance of the equipment.The ideal candidate will have an understanding of process qualification on new equipment and a proven ability to optimise production equipment while maintaining a strong focus on quality and efficiency. We are currently looking to hire 4 Process Engineers for our Patterning team, at varying levels, and would encourage you to apply as a graduate or someone with years of experience. If you are passionate about process engineering and possess the required skills and experience, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.You will focus on:
- Managing the process qualification of a new piece of equipment for our patterning process.
- Optimise production scale equipment to prepare for pilot demonstration.
- Characterise results upon finishing experiments which may require using various lab tools (microscope, PL tool, surface profiler etc.).Operation training of these tools will be provided.
- Document findings, data, and outcomes of patterning experiments using the Atlassian Suite.
- Responsible for daily start up and shutdown procedures and also minor repairs that are required from time to time.
- Clearly communicate problems and findings back to the wider team in a timely manner.
- A bachelor's degree in Engineering is preferred (Chemical, PV, Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial) OR hands-on technical experience in an industrial or lab setting.
- Technical aptitude and the ability to quickly learn and apply new techniques and technologies, including our patterning process.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills, with the ability to find solutions to complex challenges.
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams and effectively manage multiple experiments in a fast-paced, dynamic start-up environment.
- Steady hands and exceptional attention to detail. Delicate manual handling of thin solar cells will be required.
- A natural in seeing the finer details. You will be expected to spot small subtleties and intricacies in our solar cell fabrication process.
- Comfortable performing repetitive manual tasks with high mental clarity and concentration, there will be instances where we will need you to fabricate hundreds of identical solar cells.
- Continuous improvement mindset and willingness to adapt to change.
- Passionate about making a difference, contributing to a company’s growth, and working with an experienced team.
See more open positions at SunDrive
Something looks off?