Graduate Mechatronics Engineer
Macquarie Park NSW 2113, Australia · Australia
Posted on Monday, May 1, 2023
Why Sundrive? SunDrive’s proprietary technology enables the use of copper instead of silver for the solar cell electrodes. This technological breakthrough has significant benefits, including greater efficiency, lower cost, scalable supply chain and more environmentally friendly production.SunDrive founded in 2015, is backed by some of Australia’s top venture capital firms (Blackbird, MainSequence, Virescent, Grok), tech founders and the Australian Government (CEFC,ARENA). SunDrive has quickly grown from a UNSW PhD project in a garage to producing the world’s most efficient commercial-sized solar cells.As our new graduate mechatronics engineer, you will assist in the implementation and automation of the production tools used in the SunDrive production processes. This will be critical in ensuring that SunDrive can meet its production goals. The role will primarily involve integration of electrical, mechanical and software systems to control automated processes. You will have ownership over projects and can both grow and learn with the team.You will focus on:
- Conducting tests and simulations to ensure that automated systems function correctly
- Analyzing and troubleshooting problems with existing systems across software, mechanical and electrical domains
- Collaborating with other engineers and technical professionals to design and build complex systems.
- Assisting in the construction of production machines and prototypes (integrating and assembling mechanical and electrical components)
- Researching and implementing new technologies to enhance the capabilities of the automation team.
- Bachelor of Engineering in Mechatronics, Mechanical, Aerospace, Electrical or Computer Engineering.
- Knowledge of basic electrical and electronic engineering principles, including circuit design, control systems, and signal processing.
- Knowledge of programming core fundamentals, including some experience with programming languages such as C++ and Python.
- Experience with CAD software, 3D Printing and other prototyping methods.
- Keen and interested in working across the electrical, mechanical and software engineering domains.
- Willing to be hands on with automated machines.
- Proficiency across both written and verbal English.
See more open positions at SunDrive
Something looks off?