WH Team Leader
- Highbrook/East Tamaki based
- Get your full 40 hours over 4 days so you get a 3 day weekend!
- Immediate start
We are looking for a proactive, self-motivated and hands-on WH Team Leader to manage day-to-day WH operations. This fast-paced role is responsible for handling raw material and finished goods, ensuring packing and palletisation is done to spec, ensuring all quality controls and customer order requirements are fully met, and handling inwards and outwards goods process.
Successful candidate must have a forklift license.
We have two roles open - one for the day shift, and one for the night shift. You will be ensuring all steps in the process are completed right first time, ensuring that customer orders are completed correctly, enforcing safety and quality controls, and managing dispatch and receival of goods.
To ensure success as a team leader, you should exhibit extensive knowledge of warehousing processes and experience in a similar industry. A top-notch team leader will be someone whose warehouse expertise results in targets being met without compromising on quality.
You will get your full 40 hrs over 4 days so you get a 3 day weekend every week!
Key Responsibilities include:
- Preparing work schedules/rosters, training, and assigning workers WH line tasks.
- Handling WH inwards and outwards with accurate record keeping, and safely operating forklift.
- Managing and processing WH backlogs.
- Ensuring all warehousing and dispatch targets are achieved while optimising labour and minimising waste.
- Championing Health & Safety and Food Safety cultures, driving GMP and ensuring safe working practices are maintained.
- Ensuring product quality standards are always met.
- Leading and implementing continuous improvement initiatives.
- Working and collaborating to improve performance of the lines.
What's in it for you?
- Competitive payrate
- Long weekend every week!
- Vibrant team culture
- Be part of an ethical Company that is doing Good for the world
- Immediate start
Skills and Attributes required
- Forklift license with proven experience
- Team Leader skills with the ability to motivate, coordinate and supervise tasks
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good IT skills, in particular spreadsheets and databases and a knowledge of warehouse systems
- Analytical and numerical
- Good understanding of customer/supermarket deliverables and the impact of failure / cost of poor quality
- Good planning skills and able to meet targets and deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail skills
Does this sound like you?
- Proven experience as a Warehouse Team Leader with experience of coordinating a team
- A good working knowledge of health and safety and security requirements
- Exceptional organizational and time management abilities
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills
- Excellent problem-solving techniques
- Positivity and a solutions-focused approach
- Resilience and the confidence to make decisions under pressure
- Accountability – you own your decisions and can be counted on to do what you say you will.
- An eagerness to learn and grow your career with us
To be eligible for this role you must provide 2 work references and be able to pass a pre-employment screen.
Want to leave the world better than you found it? Then Sunfed is the place for you.
Born global, Sunfed is a fast paced, constantly changing dynamic calling that focuses on your talents and challenges you to perform at your best. As a team of high performing misfits, we are bold with ideas and operate with pace and passion, always looking for better ways to fulfill our purpose whilst delighting our customers. We are uncompromisingly committed to success.
We look for people who love to learn, can hit the ground running, devour new challenges, generate innovative ideas and execute with intelligence, passion and enthusiasm.
The pace and demands of Sunfed has made it a gathering place for driven and talented people. In this environment, Sunfedites draw the motivation, focus, determination and personal growth required to be at peak performance, realise their potential and thrive.
If you’re hungry to make a difference and strive to always be your best self, then let’s talk.
Learn more at www.sunfed.world
Please note that due to the high volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We appreciate your interest.