Backend Software Engineer - Go (m/f/d)
ABOUT THE TEAM:
Our development team consists of specialists in frontend, backend, QA, product and designers. We work in small cross-functional teams that give everybody insight and hands-on experience of what everyone else is doing. Each team is self-sustained, autonomous and responsible for a specific feature or area in our platform. We believe in strong collaboration and open communication and mentoring to allow bi-directional growth. We are working to make Talon.One an inclusive workplace, because we believe it is the right thing to do and because we want to have a positive impact on the entire tech industry.
We are currently on the look for a Backend Software Engineer - Go (m/f/d) to join our development teams. You will work closely with our product people to design the right solutions to our challenging problems while collaborating, mentoring and supporting the other team members.
Please note that, due to the urgency of the role, we would prefer to meet professionals who are already based in Berlin or Germany. Relocation is not supported for this role.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work in a small cross-functional team
- Help the team with feature development and take part in the discussion and planning of new features.
- Write code and review code written by others
- Ensure that quality standards are maintained
- Advise team members in their day-to-day coding tasks as well as with overall architectural decisions
- Mentor others, both junior developers on their learning paths and more experienced developers who are interested in learning about new fields
- Contribute to scaling up the backend team and bringing great talents onboard by conducting interviews and code pairing sessions
- In-depth knowledge of Testing software, API design, PostgreSQL
- 4+ years of experience working with Golang
- Experience building scalable and reliable large-scale applications
- Experience designing and developing, using monolithic architecture
- Mentoring; You enjoy sharing knowledge and helping others grow in a supportive way
- Big-picture thinking; You collaborate with non-developers to clarify requirements and help plan projects, with an eye on the overall impact on the business & product
- A willingness to learn about and contribute to the whole stack is essential
- Empathy for your customers and your colleagues
- A team-first attitude; As a group, we strive to leave egos at home
Our tech stack from the bottom up:
- Kubernetes running on Google Cloud
- We use Go for our API, core logic, and internal tooling
- TypeScript, React, Redux, and CSS modules for our web application
- Cypress for automated end-to-end testing
- Learning budget
- 30 vacation days
- In-house German language courses
- Discounted Urban Sports Club membership and BVG ticket
- Work-Dog-Balance, your best friend is more than welcome!
- Mental health support
WHY YOU SHOULD WORK FOR US:
- The right attitude: modern methods and a diverse, creative workspace with an open and international culture
- Everyone for the product: Together we create a flexible, highly scalable product with state-of-the-art technologies. We can only succeed if everyone works as a team
- Healthy Growth: Growing our company means growing everyone in the team. We love to share knowledge and learn
- A great environment: Flexible and family-friendly environment, bright and easily accessible offices, modern software and hardware
- High flexibility degree: Prefer to work early or late at night? Do you have to pick up your children from kindergarten? Do you prefer working abroad? We believe in results and motivated employees
Do you want this job?
We’d love to hear from you! Apply directly via the form below.
Talon.One is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. We do not make employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religious belief, ethnic origin, nationality, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by company policy. As an employer we strive for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibit harassment of any kind.