Junior Legal Counsel (m/f/d)
ABOUT THE ROLE:
As a Junior Legal Counsel, you will be responsible for addressing a variety of legal topics with an emphasis placed on data protection and related topics, providing legal support and advice to various departments, and contributing to the development and maintenance of a robust compliance framework. This position is ideal for someone with a strong interest in information technology, data and privacy laws, and who is eager to learn and grow in a dynamic startup environment.
ABOUT THE TEAM:
We would be a small legal team of 2, managing and owning all legal aspects of our entities worldwide. As such, you will be having the exciting opportunity to shape your role within our Company and explore various areas within an inhouse legal department. Being in a small team requires not only strong collaboration, but a very strong sense of trust and accountability as well. This is what we expect our new team member to bring to the table and keep encouraging throughout their day-to-day.
We are operating in a hybrid model and work closely with our stakeholders face-to-face, which makes it crucial for our new Legal Counsel to be based in Berlin.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Handling and coordination of a variety of legal matters across the whole organization, located in GER, UK, US and Singapore with a specific focus on IT & Data Protection law
- Assess and ensure compliance with data protection requirements across the organization
- Evaluate tools and software for data protection compliance
- Work cross-functionally to implement and optimize privacy-focused solutions
- Contribute to the development and improvement of company-wide compliance standards
- Conduct regular legal housekeeping to ensure ongoing compliance with regulations.
- Identify opportunities for process optimization and efficiency within the legal and compliance functions.
- Work on interdisciplinary projects to streamline legal processes.
- Effectively communicate complex legal matters to non-legal stakeholders across the whole organization.
WHAT WE NEED YOU TO BRING TO THE TABLE:
- You have successfully studied law (1. Staatsexamen or similar)
- You have at least 1 year commercial experience; experience in a growing tech-startup is a plus
- You have a strong affinity for IT and a process-oriented approach
- You work in a structured, careful, and precise manner
- Committed & respectful team player (m/f/d) with all-round vision and hands-on mentality as well as a high sense of responsibility
- You think holistically and have a self-reliant, independent, and solution-oriented way of working
- Excellent communication skills in English, German is a plus
WHY YOU SHOULD WORK FOR US:
- The right attitude: modern methods and a diverse, creative workspace with an open and international culture
- Everyone for the product: Together we create a flexible, highly scalable product with state-of-the-art technologies. We can only succeed if everyone works as a team
- Healthy Growth: Growing our company means growing everyone in the team. We love to share knowledge and learn
- A great environment: Flexible and family-friendly environment, bright and easily accessible offices, modern software and hardware
- High flexibility degree: Prefer to work early or late at night? Do you have to pick up your children from kindergarten? Do you prefer working abroad? We believe in results and motivated employees
Do you want this job?
We’d love to hear from you! Apply directly via the form below.
Talon.One is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. We do not make employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religious belief, ethnic origin, nationality, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by company policy. As an employer we strive for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibit harassment of any kind.