Sales Development Representative (SDR)
Sales & Business Development
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Posted on Thursday, February 16, 2023
Who are we?
UpGuard’s mission is to protect the world’s data. We obsessively seek out elegant, robust ways to enable our customers to find, acknowledge, and remediate cyber risks. With UpGuard, organizations leverage our security expertise and software to automate what were once laborious, spreadsheet-driven processes–whether it's monitoring the attack surface of hundreds of vendors or assessing the security of their own infrastructure. UpGuard is used by some of the world’s largest, fastest-growing, and most innovative companies.
Why are we hiring this role?
As an SDR at UpGuard, you will be creating and qualifying new opportunities, and booking meetings for our Account Executives. We’re looking for a driven individual who possesses an inquisitive mind, an excellent phone presence and enjoys the challenges of outbound prospecting. In addition, you may be tasked with managing a critical part of our sales process - qualifying and processing inbound prospects.
What will you accomplish?
- Generating new opportunities using outbound tactics (cold callings, email sequences, LinkedIn etc.)
- Identifying, targeting and nurturing potential outbound opportunities
- Qualifying inbound opportunities
- Understanding the needs of prospects and communicating them clearly to Account Executives
- Clearly articulating UpGuard’s value proposition and products to prospects, and positioning it based on their particular problem/need
- Taking accurate and detailed notes in our CRM and Sales Engagement Platform
- Working collaboratively with sales, marketing and product to utilise the insights you learn from prospects to make process and product improvements
What do we need from you?
- 1-2 years' experience in B2B sales as an SDR/BDR
- Experience with outbound sales
- High-level of proficiency in the English language, both written and spoken.
- Ability to give and receive feedback – you will collaborate with our sales and marketing teams to drive process improvements
- High energy and willingness to learn
- Strong time management
- This is a hybrid role (location pending), so we require employees to have a remote setup
What would give you an edge?
- B2B SaaS experience
- Industry experience in cybersecurity or supply chain information risk
- Experience with Hubspot, Outreach.io, or other CRM/Sales Engagement software
What's in it for you?
- Rapidly growing user base: Work directly with some of the world’s largest, fastest-growing, and most innovative companies
- Interesting problems, at scale: Deeply explore the ever-evolving world of cybersecurity, with a platform processing billions of data points daily
- Learn from industry-leading experts: Our security research has been featured in The New York Times, The New Yorker, The Washington Post, TechCrunch, Bloomberg, Gizmodo, Engadget, Forbes, ZDNet, and The Guardian
- Impact: See the impact of your work on a daily basis, with data and impact available on dashboards you have access to
- Generous compensation: Competitive base salary + commission and equity
- Great Perks: Monthly wellness and grocery subsidies, WFH set-up allowance, generous learning and development budget
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, credit check and reference checks.