Senior Software Engineer
Posted on Tuesday, March 14, 2023
Who are we?
UpGuard’s mission is to protect the world’s data. We obsessively seek out elegant, robust ways to enable our customers to find, acknowledge, and remediate cyber risks. With UpGuard, organisations leverage our security expertise and software to automate what were once laborious, spreadsheet-driven processes–whether it's monitoring the attack surface of hundreds of vendors or assessing the security of their own infrastructure. UpGuard is used by some of the world’s largest, fastest-growing, and most innovative companies.
Why are we hiring for this role?
At UpGuard, our team of engineers is deeply involved in the ever-evolving and increasingly crucial field of cybersecurity. Our main focus is to extract data in intelligent and innovative ways, delivering integrated solutions that directly impact the security posture of our global clientele. With the constant scanning of a majority of the internet across multiple vectors every day, we face the challenges of high throughput, massive concurrency, and big data on a daily basis. The way we tackle these challenges is evident in the engineers we bring on board.
As we continue to grow rapidly, we are actively searching for skilled Software Engineers who have a natural inclination to simplify complex, web-scale problems and contribute to keeping our customers safe. We place great importance on writing highly performant and massively scalable software.
What will you accomplish? By joining our small but high-performing product engineering team, you will have the opportunity to:
- Engage in green-fields development as we expand the platform with new features.
- Make an immediate impact on our product lineup, assuming full ownership across the entire stack, from frontend to backend, and even up to production DevOps (utilizing technologies like React, Go, Kubernetes, and GCP).
- Explore an intriguing and challenging domain, becoming well-versed in the fundamentals of cybersecurity and the internet.
- Go beyond coding and work collaboratively with the team and our customers to drive product design and direction.
What do we need from you?
- Excellent software design and development skills. We seek individuals who write reliable, well-thought-out code, including comprehensive automated tests.
- Experience in building highly scalable software systems.
- The ability to make pragmatic trade-offs in design and delivery.
- A strong interest in shaping product features.
- Collaboration skills: We are a tightly-knit team that pushes each other to continually improve.
- A Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering or equivalent practical experience.
What would give you an edge?
- Experience in cybersecurity. If you lack direct experience, a willingness to learn is essential.
- Familiarity with our modern tech stack, including React, Go, and Kubernetes, on the Google Cloud Platform.
- Previous work on a SaaS product set.
- Experience working in an agile software development team.
What's in it for you?
- Rapidly growing user base: Work directly with some of the world’s largest, fastest-growing, and most innovative companies
- Interesting problems, at scale: Deeply explore the ever-evolving world of cybersecurity, with a platform processing billions of data points daily
- Learn from industry-leading experts: Our security research has been featured in The New York Times, The New Yorker, The Washington Post, TechCrunch, Bloomberg, Gizmodo, Engadget, Forbes, ZDNet, and The Guardian
- Impact: See the impact of your work on a daily basis, with data and impact available on dashboards you have access to
- Generous compensation: Competetive salary & stock options.
- Great perks: Grocery and gym reimbursements, flexible work arrangements, learning and development stipend, and generous PTO package
My Startup Gig ran an independent review into life at UpGuard. To see what it's like to work at UpGuard, check out their survey results here.
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check and reference checks. Also please note that at this time, we cannot support candidates requiring visa sponsorship or relocation.
UpGuard is an Equal Opportunity Employer and qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Please note, at this time we can only support hiring for this role in Australia.