Customer Success Operations Analyst
IT, Customer Service, Sales & Business Development, Operations
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, April 20, 2023
Who are we?
UpGuard’s mission is to protect the world’s data. We obsessively seek out elegant, robust ways to enable our customers to find, acknowledge, and remediate cyber risks. With UpGuard, organizations leverage our security expertise and software to automate what were once laborious, spreadsheet-driven processes–whether it's monitoring the attack surface of hundreds of vendors or assessing the security of their own infrastructure. UpGuard is used by some of the world’s largest, fastest-growing, and most innovative companies.
Why are we hiring for this role?
We strive to continue to grow our business using data analytics and customer feedback to help make better business decisions. The Customer Success Strategy & Ops team is expanding and we require a CS Operations Analyst to join our high-performing team to drive and operationalize the strategic direction of the Customer Success org.
Reporting to the CS Strategy & Operations Manager, the Customer Success Operations Analyst will be the owner of data analysis and reporting, process improvements, and documentation for the Customer Success org. Your role will be essential to the team’s success and will focus on reporting and workflows in our tech systems, data integrity, and optimizing customer success processes to maximize wins and assist with revenue generation.
What will you accomplish?
- Analyze data from various sources (eg: Gainsight, ChurnZero, HubSpot, Salesforce, etc.) to build and improve leading indicators across multiple customer segments and journey stages
- Detect signs of early risk within our customer base, and work with multiple stakeholders to build a programmatic approach to reduce churn and flat renewals
- Identify opportunities for process automation and optimization, with a focus on scalability and driving significant growth
- Support the development and rollout of systems and digital tools to improve the team’s effectiveness and efficiency and provide increased customer insights through data and automation
- Perform analysis based on a variety of factors, including customer segmentation, product usage, churn reason, and adoption analysis
- Own and assist on special projects such as but not limited to: Analyzing customer health, risk, and adoption trends
- Develop methods, processes, systems, and tools to support our customers in different segments
- Create and coordinate key reporting for the UpGuard leadership team, partnering with the Analytics team to provide reporting on customer adoption, sentiment, advocacy, and business results (i.e., forecasts, renewals, expansions, churn)
- Curate content and playbooks to allow the team to more efficiently and consistently deliver customer outcomes
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure the successful implementation of new customer programs and initiatives.
- Monitor key CS metrics and identify areas for improvement
What do we need from you?
- Bachelor's degree in a related field (e.g. Business Administration, Information Technology, Computer Science).
- Prior experience in a customer success/account management role
- 2+ years of experience in a similar role, preferably in a SaaS environment.
- Strong analytical skills, with experience in data analysis and reporting.
- Experience with CRM software such as Salesforce or HubSpot, CS platforms such as Gainsight or ChurnZero, and reporting platforms such as Tableau or Looker
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively across cross-functional teams.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills.
What's in it for you:
- Rapidly growing user base: Work directly with some of the world’s largest, fastest-growing, and most innovative companies
- Interesting problems, at scale: Deeply explore the ever-evolving world of cybersecurity, with a platform processing billions of data points daily
- Learn from industry-leading experts: Our security research has been featured in The New York Times, The New Yorker, The Washington Post, TechCrunch, Bloomberg, Gizmodo, Engadget, Forbes, ZDNet, and The Guardian
- Impact: See the impact of your work on a daily basis, with data and impact available on dashboards you have access to
- Generous compensation: The base salary range for this role is between $80,000 and $100,000, plus a quarterly team bonus. Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
- Great perks: Free lunch, flexible work arrangements, budget for professional development, and gym reimbursement
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check and reference checks. Also please note that at this time, we cannot support candidates requiring visa sponsorship or relocation. Apologies.
UpGuard is Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Please note, at this time we can only support hiring in the following US states for this role: CA, OR, WA, and NV
See more open positions at UpGuard
Something looks off?