Senior Product Designer
Posted on Thursday, April 27, 2023
Who are we?
UpGuard’s mission is to protect the world’s data. We obsessively seek out elegant, robust ways to enable our customers to find, acknowledge, and remediate cyber risks. With UpGuard, organizations leverage our security expertise and software to automate what was once laborious, spreadsheet-driven processes–whether it's monitoring the attack surface of hundreds of vendors or assessing the security of their own infrastructure. UpGuard is used by some of the world’s largest, fastest growing and most innovative companies.
The Product team works across many types of initiatives at UpGuard. From platform improvements to our quarterly event, UpGuard Summit. Since UpGuard’s main audience is other people who keep their companies secure, we agonize over and take pride in creating experiences that are user-friendly, educational, and more importantly, actionable.
Why are we hiring this role?
As a Senior Product Designer at UpGuard, you’ll be designing new features for our rapidly-growing cybersecurity SaaS platform. Working closely with our growing Product Team, you’ll be fleshing out high-level concepts and turning them into prototypes. You’ll continue to be involved as the development team builds out these prototypes, obsessing over the details to create amazing user experiences. You’ll have plenty of scope to interact with our highly-engaged user community (from some of the biggest and best companies in the world).
What you'll be doing
- Collaborating with Product Managers, Engineering and knowledge area experts to craft end-to-end user experiences for the platform
- Wireframing and prototyping design concepts based on product requirements
- Creating design standards for reuse
- Optimizing user flows through the platform
- User experience testing
- Conducting customer design workshops
- Incorporating customer feedback into designs
- Engaging with the engineering team through the build and test of features
What we're looking for
- Amazing UX skills: 5+ years of commercial product design experience, with a portfolio that demonstrates strength in creating simple and intuitive user experiences
- Strong UI skills: Your portfolio should show that you can create user experiences that not only work well but look amazing.
- Collaboration: We are a tight-knit team that pushes each other to keep improving. You’ll need to know when to stand your ground, and when to take (constructive) feedback onboard.
- Growth mindset: There are plenty of examples of great product design. We want someone who’s constantly on the lookout for inspiration, and able to apply industry-best-practice to their own work.
- Fast on the tools: You’ll be able to turn out great work quickly, using the latest modern design tools.
- Bachelor's degree in Design or equivalent practical experience.
What would give you an edge?
- Experience in cybersecurity. If not, you’ll just need to be willing to learn
- Experience in designing SaaS software
- Experience working in an agile software development team
- Experience designing for a multilingual audience
What's in it for you:
- Rapidly growing user base: Work directly with some of the world’s largest, fastest-growing, and most innovative companies
- Interesting problems, at scale: Deeply explore the ever-evolving world of cybersecurity, with a platform processing billions of data points daily
- Learn from industry-leading experts: Our security research has been featured in The New York Times, The New Yorker, The Washington Post, TechCrunch, Bloomberg, Gizmodo, Engadget, Forbes, ZDNet, and The Guardian
- Impact: See the impact of your work on a daily basis, with data and impact available on dashboards you have access to
- Generous compensation: Extremely competitive base salary and equity
- Great perks: Grocery and gym reimbursements, flexible work arrangements, learning and development stipend, and generous PTO package
Closing: Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check and reference checks. Also please note that at this time, we cannot support candidates requiring visa sponsorship or relocation. Apologies.