Director of Customer Success
Customer Service, Sales & Business Development
San Diego, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, May 2, 2023
Who are we?
UpGuard’s mission is to protect the world’s data. We obsessively seek out elegant, robust ways to enable our customers to find, acknowledge, and remediate cyber risk. With UpGuard, organizations leverage our security expertise and software to automate what were once laborious, spreadsheet-driven processes–whether it's monitoring the attack surface of hundreds of vendors or assessing the security of their own infrastructure. UpGuard is used by some of the world’s largest, fastest-growing, and most innovative companies.
Why are we hiring for this role?
Due to continued growth, the Customer Success team is expanding and we require a Director, of Customers Success to join our high-performing team to manage and lead the US Customer Success team. As a Director of Customer Success, you'll report to the Chief Customer Officer and lead a team consisting of Revenue, Support, and Success functions.
What will you accomplish?
- Engage and lead cross-functional and geographically dispersed teams
- Proactive thought leadership on customer strategy and roadmap, account governance, and reoccurring strategic discussions with both customers and internal teams
- Adoption strategies, delivery plans, and economic models to realize the customer experience at scale
- Develop account expansion strategies, working with customers to identify areas where we can provide additional services and solutions
- Be accountable for the onboarding, training, implementation, support, renewals, expansions, hiring, capacity plans, and advocacy for key strategic customer accounts
- Increase key CS metrics across the business such as NRR, GRR, NPS & CSAT
- Actively monitor & manage customer satisfaction levels, identifying areas for improvement & working with internal teams to implement change
- Collaboration with other segment leadership to drive overall success across the CS organization, maturing standards, processes, tools, and global alignment
- Drive segment/region strategy, analysis, KPIs and reporting Be able to manage multiple workflows in a fast-paced work environment and actively participate in continuous improvement initiatives to multiply impact beyond their portfolios
- Act as a coach & mentor to the existing team constantly working to improve the overall Customer Success model and driving change and culture of accountability within the organization to meet UpGuard and customer business objectives and goals
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of customers’ business and industry, anticipating and addressing opportunities and issues
- Define and develop skill development plans and training sessions
- Establish performance objectives, conduct quarterly and annual performance reviews, and supports the compensation process
- Prepare and present regular executive summaries and updates to the leadership team
What do we need from you?
- 7+ years' of relevant experience in customer success, consulting, software implementation, or a combination with demonstrated success in customer success, SaaS operations, sales, and leadership positions with a deep understanding of SaaS, Go-To-Market, and execution model
- You understand business metrics and how important it is to keep every customer satisfied, deliver value, and growing
- Demonstrated ability to identify & pursue opportunities for account expansion & growth. Strong project management skills, with experience managing complex consulting projects from inception to completion
- Prior experience being responsible for account retention and expansion
- Technical competency and aptitude with software applications, tools, and internal systems
- Superior written and oral communication skills, you can empathize, earn trust, and influence internal and external stakeholders
What would give you an edge?
- Experience in Customer Success tools, such as GainSight or ChurnZero
- Experience with a CRM, such as Salesforce or HubSpot
- Proven results of increasing metrics such as NRR/GRR
- Understanding of Cyber Security best practices
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Engineering, Cybersecurity, or a related field
What's in it for you?
- Rapidly growing user base: Work directly with some of the world’s largest, fastest-growing, and most innovative companies
- Impact: Influence the direction and design of projects that push the boundaries of your field and see the impact of your work on a daily basis
- Be part of an energetic team: Our team is highly collaborative, fostering a positive work environment that encourages creativity and innovation
- We value work-life balance: We recognize the importance of maintaining balance and provide a supportive work environment that allows you to prioritize your personal life and well-being
- Generous compensation: The base salary range for this role is between $130,000 and $150,000, plus a quarterly team bonus and options. Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience
- Great perks: Health, dental, and vision insurance, monthly wellness and grocery subsidies, WFH set-up allowance, and generous learning and development budget
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check and reference checks. Also please note that at this time, we cannot support candidates requiring visa sponsorship or relocation. Apologies.
UpGuard is Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Please note, at this time we can only support hiring in the following US states for this role: CA, WA, OR, NV, CO, TX, MO, LA, IL, MD, PA, or MD.
See more open positions at UpGuard
Something looks off?