Threat Intelligence Analyst
Posted on Wednesday, August 2, 2023
Who are we?
UpGuard’s mission is to protect the world’s data. We obsessively seek out elegant, robust ways to enable our customers to find, acknowledge, and remediate cyber risk. With UpGuard, organizations leverage our security expertise and software to automate what were once laborious, spreadsheet-driven processes–whether it's monitoring the attack surface of hundreds of vendors or assessing the security of their own infrastructure. UpGuard is used by some of the world’s largest, fastest growing and most innovative companies.
Why are we hiring this role?
UpGuard provides a Data Leaks service to our customers and with our current growth, are looking for someone to come on board and own the data leaks program for enterprise customers. You will be responsible for using our proprietary leak detection engine to detect and investigate customers' potential leaks of credentials, personal information, and business secrets.
As part of our team, you'll work with other researchers to improve our leak detection methodologies, and interact with customers to understand their risks and guide leak remediation. You are as comfortable investigating large data collections on a computer as you are in front of stakeholders.
What will you accomplish?
- Research and evaluate new vectors which may lead to unnecessary data exposure
- Develop, create systems and utilise in-house tools to discover, analyse and evaluate potential external exposures of customers/prospects
- Research, evaluate, review inefficiencies and report on potential exposures for customers, prospects and partnered organisations
- Work with customers and prospective customers to determine their required solutions and scope
- Identify, investigate and analyse prospects and customers business processes, procedures and work practices to determine risks
- Identify and evaluate inefficiencies in customer vendor/security management process/practises/system functionality
- Formulate product requirements based on user feedback
- Create user and training documentation for customers and conduct user groups/training when required
- Lend expertise, advice and recommendations to media and governmental organisations on the subject of data exposure and breaches
- Manage and organise large amounts of data gathered from multiple sources and analyse it for risks posed to our customers
What do we need from you?
- Strong understanding of concepts in information security and knowledge of issues in cloud computer security
- Familiarity with methods for reconnaissance using OSINT
- Experience identifying and analyzing data exposures with an awareness of rules for responsible disclosure
- Understand how to discover, identify, and attribute sensitive data in public code repositories, cloud storage containers, exposed databases and misconfigured websites
- Keen ability to design and automate your work and effectiveness
- Highly collaborative and can effectively give and receive transparent feedback
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills and have the ability to translate highly technical subjects in layman’s terms
- A keen sense of curiosity and ability to find unconventional solutions to difficult problems
What would give you an edge?
- A programming background
- Experience or a keen interest in cybersecurity
What's in it for you?
- Hybrid or Remote: you choose. While we have offices in Sydney & Hobart, we don’t mandate how often you need to be there. We focus on what you deliver, not where you deliver it from.
- Impact: Influence the direction and design of projects that push the boundaries of your field and see the impact of your work daily.
- Be part of an energetic team: Our team is highly collaborative, fostering a positive work environment that encourages creativity and innovation.
- We value work-life balance: We recognize the importance of maintaining balance and provide a supportive work environment that allows you to prioritize your personal life and well-being.
- Generous reward: We offer a competitive salary + equity
- Great perks: You won’t find table tennis tables or office mandates - we prefer to offer perks that support your overall well-being - including a lifestyle allowance, well-being program, WFH budget, personal learning & development budget, generous leave benefits, and plenty more!
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check and reference checks. Also please note that at this time, we cannot support candidates requiring visa sponsorship or re-location. Apologies.