Sales Development Representative (SDR)
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Wednesday, October 4, 2023
Who are we?
UpGuard’s mission is to protect the world’s data. We obsessively seek out elegant, robust ways to enable our customers to find, acknowledge, and remediate cyber risks. With UpGuard, organizations leverage our security expertise and software to automate what was once laborious, spreadsheet-driven processes–whether it's monitoring the attack surface of hundreds of vendors or assessing the security of their own infrastructure. UpGuard is used by some of the world’s largest, fastest-growing, and most innovative companies.
Why are we hiring this role?
After providing a current SDR with a promotional pathway, we are looking to backfill this role with an SDR who can help us continue to hit our rapid growth milestones. As an SDR at UpGuard, you will be creating and qualifying new opportunities, and booking meetings for our Account Executives. We’re looking for a driven individual who possesses an inquisitive mind, an excellent phone presence, and enjoys the challenges of outbound prospecting. In addition, you may be tasked with managing a critical part of our sales process - qualifying and processing inbound prospects.
What will you accomplish?
- Generating new opportunities using outbound tactics (cold calling, email sequences, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Identifying, targeting, and nurturing potential outbound opportunities
- Understanding the needs of prospects and communicating them clearly to Account Executives
- Clearly articulating UpGuard’s value proposition and products to prospects, and positioning it based on their particular problem/need
- Taking accurate and detailed notes in our CRM and Sales Engagement Platform
- Working collaboratively with sales, marketing, and product to utilise the insights you learn from prospects to make process and product improvements
What do we need from you?
- 2-4 years experience in B2B sales preferably as an SDR/BDR.
- Strong phone sales skills.
- Proven track record exceeding sales metrics.
- Experience with outbound sales activities including calls, social media engagement & email sequencing.
- High level of proficiency in the English language, both written and spoken.
- Ability to give and receive feedback – you will collaborate with our sales and marketing teams to drive process improvements.
- High energy and willingness to learn.
- Strong prioritisation skills leading to efficient time management.
- This is a hybrid role (location pending), so we require employees to have a remote setup
What would give you an edge?
- B2B SaaS experience.
- Fluency in Malay and/or Mandarin.
- Industry experience in cybersecurity or supply chain information risk.
- Experience with Hubspot, Outreach.io, or other CRM/Sales Engagement Software.
What's in it for you?
- Remote: We focus on what you deliver, not where you deliver it from.
- Impact: Influence the direction and design of projects that push the boundaries of your field and see the impact of your work daily.
- Be part of an energetic team: Our team is highly collaborative, fostering a positive work environment that encourages creativity and innovation.
- We value work-life balance: We recognize the importance of maintaining balance and provide a supportive work environment that allows you to prioritize your personal life and well-being.
- Generous reward: We offer a competitive salary + equity
- Great perks: You won’t find table tennis tables or office mandates - we prefer to offer perks that support your overall well-being - including a lifestyle allowance, well-being program, WFH budget, personal learning & development budget, generous leave benefits, and plenty more!
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, credit check and reference checks.