Account Executive (EMEA)
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Thursday, October 5, 2023
Who are we?
UpGuard’s mission is to protect the world’s data. We obsessively seek out elegant, robust ways to enable our customers to find, acknowledge, and remediate cyber risks. With UpGuard, organizations leverage our security expertise and software to automate what was once laborious, spreadsheet-driven processes–whether it's monitoring the attack surface of hundreds of vendors or assessing the security of their own infrastructure. UpGuard is used by some of the world’s largest, fastest-growing, and most innovative companies.
Why are we hiring for this role?
UpGuard had a record-breaking 2020 where sales grew by 128% and new customer velocity increased by over 179%. The ride has only continued through 2021 and 2022 so with that, we are expanding our sales team to keep the momentum going!
Our sales team is expanding in all regions and the focus is on finding our next Account Executives in the UK. Could that be you?
We are looking for a full-time ambitious sales professional who is ready to make the next step in their career. You will get exposure to every aspect of our sales cycle from lead generation to close across a global portfolio of customers. If you are a highly process-oriented sales professional with a proven track record and an insatiable desire to do things better, let's talk!
What will you accomplish?
- Manage the full sales cycle, from lead generation to close
- Generate your pipeline of qualified net new sales opportunities via cold outreach
- Perform product demos via video conference to prospects
- Communicate and sell UpGuard’s value proposition to prospects
- Maintain accurate and detailed notes on every deal in your pipeline
- Work as a team with Sales Development Representatives (SDRs), Technical Account Managers (TAM’s), and Operations to complete a full sales cycle
- Collaborate with other Account Executives and cross-departmentally to share knowledge and insights
- As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will help shape the future of businesses of all sizes, and securely use technology to connect with customers, employees, and suppliers
What do we need from you?
- At least 2 years of technology-related sales or business development experience at a B2B SaaS company
- You are a consistent top performer and have a history of exceeding your targets
- Selling to Mid-Market & Enterprise customers, including C-level executives, is right in your comfort zone
- You are an exceptional communicator, both written and spoken
- Demonstrated success with complex commercial and legal negotiations, working with procurement, legal, and business teams
- Experience working with and managing partners including global system integrators and packaged software vendors
- You are highly process and detail-oriented
What will give you an edge?
- Experience using Hubspot CRM
- Technical background (Bsc Comp Sci or Equivalent)
- Knowledge and understanding of the cybersecurity industry - ideally from a previous sales role in the industry
- Proven track record selling to companies in the Financial Services industry
What's in it for you?
- Rapidly growing user base: Work directly with some of the world’s largest, fastest-growing, and most innovative companies
- Interesting problems, at scale: Deeply explore the ever-evolving world of cybersecurity, with a platform processing billions of data points daily
- Learn from industry-leading experts: Our security research has been featured in The New York Times, The New Yorker, The Washington Post, TechCrunch, Bloomberg, Gizmodo, Engadget, Forbes, ZDNet, and The Guardian
- Impact: See the impact of your work on a daily basis, with data and impact available on dashboards you have access to
- Generous compensation: Competitive base salary and equity
- Great perks: Health Insurance, monthly wellness, and grocery subsidies, WFH set-up allowance, and generous learning and development budget
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check and reference checks. Also please note that at this time, we cannot support candidates requiring visa sponsorship or relocation. Apologies.
UpGuard is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Please note, at this time we can only support hiring for this role in the United Kingdom.