Customer Support Analyst
IT, Customer Service
San Diego, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, October 13, 2023
Who are we?
UpGuard’s mission is to protect the world’s data. We obsessively seek out elegant, robust ways to enable our customers to find, acknowledge, and remediate cyber risk. With UpGuard, organizations leverage our security expertise and software to automate what was once laborious, spreadsheet-driven processes–whether it's monitoring the attack surface of hundreds of vendors or assessing the security of their own infrastructure. UpGuard is used by some of the world’s largest, fastest-growing, and most innovative companies.
Why are we hiring this role?
With a continued growing customer base, we need a Customer Support Analyst to help our existing and new customers be successful. As a Customer Support Analyst, you'll analyze the causes of our customer’s greatest pain points and work closely to mitigate them. You will solicit constant feedback from both customers and colleagues, helping improve UpGuard over time, and you’ll work with customers around the world, from early contact to successful deployment, gaining constant, and unique, insight into the world's most important industries and institutions.
What will you accomplish?
- Providing Technical Support in analysis to the UpGuard Community and staff globally while providing world-class enterprise support for our customers.
- Responsible for all technical inquiries including collaborative and cross-departmental escalations with our security committee and engineers.
- Updating, maintaining, and developing all internal and external knowledge base documentation.
- Upskilling and educating our community on how to maximize their success within our platform.
- Manage communications with our security engineers and customers on ticket escalations.
- Analyze, investigate, and remediate risks identified in the community’s attack surface.
- Advocate on behalf of the UpGuard Community with the product team to implement features, improvements, and analysis.
What do we need from you?
- Desired 1 year of experience providing technical support.
- Comprehension of working across tiered support systems.
- Experience with the Linux command line is essential.
- Identifying and verifying cyber security risks.
- A strong foundation of understanding in the following IT tools and standards: Nmap, Curl, HTTP/HTTPS, DNS, SSL/TLS, and Email Security.
- Critical thinking skills to investigate, research, and work through complex problems to provide timely solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to work collaboratively and creatively across multiple teams.
- Self-motivated, team player, who is eager to continuously learn and adapt to new tools and technologies
What would give you an edge?
- Experience with tools such as CRMs, Intercom, Asana, and Notion
- Understanding and implementing Cyber Security best practices, Network Security, and Risk Remediation
- Balance of technical and customer-facing skills
What's in it for you:
- Remote: We focus on what you deliver, not where you deliver it from.
- Impact: Influence the direction and design of projects that push the boundaries of your field and see the impact of your work daily.
- Be part of an energetic team: Our team is highly collaborative, fostering a positive work environment that encourages creativity and innovation.
- We value work-life balance: We recognize the importance of maintaining balance and provide a supportive work environment that allows you to prioritize your personal life and well-being.
- Generous Compensation: We offer a base salary between $65,000 and $75,000
- Great perks: You won’t find table tennis tables or office mandates - we prefer to offer perks that support your overall well-being - including a lifestyle allowance, well-being program, WFH budget, personal learning & development budget, generous leave benefits, and plenty more!
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check and reference checks. Also please note that at this time, we cannot support candidates requiring visa sponsorship or relocation. Apologies.
UpGuard is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Please note, at this time we can only support hiring in the following US states for this role: CA, OR, WA, or NV