Sales & Business Development
Denver, CO, USA
Posted on Wednesday, November 1, 2023
Who are we?
UpGuard’s mission is to protect the world’s data. We obsessively seek out elegant, robust ways to enable our customers to find, acknowledge, and remediate cyber risk. With UpGuard, organizations leverage our security expertise and software to automate what were once laborious, spreadsheet-driven processes–whether it's monitoring the attack surface of hundreds of vendors or assessing the security of their own infrastructure. UpGuard is used by some of the world’s largest, fastest-growing, and most innovative companies.
Why are we hiring for this role?
We are looking to further expand our Product Activation Specialist function in the US, to support our growing sales team. As a Product Activation Specialist at UpGuard you will be the central technical point of contact for customers progressing through our sales funnel. We’re looking for a driven individual who possesses an inquisitive mind and excellent technical knowledge. By joining the Product Activation Specialist team in the US, you'll have a critical role in enabling our Account Executives and ensuring our customers have a world-class experience.
What will you accomplish?
- As part of the Revenue Operations team, your goals will be to build, implement and iterate on processes to support and scale the Sales function to achieve revenue targets
- You will drive product activation during trials by providing an excellent experience to our customers and ultimately assist the sales team with closing new business by doing the following:
- Support prospects during trials/proof of concepts (POC) of the platform
- Identifying prospect pain points and challenges during trials/POCs of the platform while also defining their goals and influencing their requirements
- Be the technical point of contact for any support queries during the trial process
- Assist with customer security assessments, RFPs, and business cases as required
- Work collaboratively with the team to improve the trial/POC experience for our customers by identifying key insights, trends, and areas of improvement in the trial process and developing solutions to mitigate them
What do we need from you?
- At least 2-3 years of experience in either a Sales Engineer, Solutions Consultant or technical customer support role at a B2B SaaS company
- A solutions-driven problem solver who is innately curious and seeks to understand WHY
- Proven ability to deliver product demonstrations and deliver presentations to customers
- Excellent written and verbal communication - this is a customer-facing role and you will be speaking directly to customers as part of the trial process
- A high degree of technical aptitude and an intrinsic willingness to learn
- Ability to give and receive feedback - you will collaborate cross-functionally across the organization to drive process improvements
What would give you an edge?
- Information Technology or Software Engineering degree
- Experience or a keen interest in cybersecurity
What's in it for you?
- Rapidly growing user base: Work directly with some of the world’s largest, fastest-growing, and most innovative companies
- Interesting problems, at scale: Deeply explore the ever-evolving world of cybersecurity, with a platform processing billions of data points daily
- Learn from industry-leading experts: Our security research has been featured in The New York Times, The New Yorker, The Washington Post, TechCrunch, Bloomberg, Gizmodo, Engadget, Forbes, ZDNet, and The Guardian
- Impact: See the impact of your work on a daily basis, with data and impact available on dashboards you have access to
- Generous compensation: The base salary range for this role is between $100,000 and $110,000 + a quarterly bonus. Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience
- Great benefits: Health, dental, and vision insurance, monthly wellness and grocery subsidies, WFH set-up allowance, generous learning and development budget
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check and reference checks. Also please note that at this time, we cannot support candidates requiring visa sponsorship or relocation. Apologies.
UpGuard is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Please note, at this time we can only support hiring in the following US states for this role: CO, TX, IL, MO, or LA