Director, Brand Marketing
Marketing & Communications
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, November 15, 2023
Who are we?
UpGuard’s mission is to protect the world’s data. We obsessively seek elegant, robust ways to enable our customers to be better at cybersecurity. The world’s largest, fastest-growing, and most innovative companies leverage our security expertise and software to automate what were once laborious, spreadsheet-driven processes. UpGuard has a unique voice in cybersecurity, with our research prominently featured in publications such as The New York Times, Wired, and Techcrunch. The Marketing team drives UpGuard’s growth, positioning us as a category-leading security solution.
Why we’re hiring this role
As our Director of Brand Marketing, you’ll drive brand awareness and reach for UpGuard. We’re scouting for a visionary and strategic storyteller eager to amplify UpGuard’s brand worldwide and foster a deep resonance with UpGuard. Collaborating with the Marketing team, you will handle messaging, brand value and all facets of brand growth for UpGuard.
What you'll do:
- Architect, drive, and oversee UpGuard’s brand identity worldwide, elevating brand recognition and engagement across all channels.
- Innovatively position UpGuard as the company that’s quantifying the cyber risk of every business in the world.
- Design and roll out PR and social media initiatives in tandem with the marketing team and external agencies.
- Uphold the integrity of the UpGuard brand, ensuring a consistent tone of voice that mirrors our values.
- Measure and report on the effectiveness of UpGuard’s brand awareness.
- Build and lead a high-performing brand marketing team.
What you'll bring:
- Extensive brand marketing experience within a tech/B2B product company
- Experience managing a remote/dispersed team
- You love getting your hands dirty - to get a campaign moving, you’re happy to produce compelling messaging, pitch to journalists, and work with our creative team to produce engaging campaign assets.
- You’ve successfully built, launched, and maintained a cohesive brand that sells multiple products.
- A passion for tech products and understanding customer pain points.
- You’re comfortable pitching UpGuard to C-level execs and industry analysts.
What will give you the edge?
- A strong grasp of cybersecurity.
- Experience at a growth-stage SaaS/tech company.
What's in it for you?
- Remote: We focus on what you deliver, not where you deliver it from.
- Impact: Influence the direction and design of projects that push the boundaries of your field and see the impact of your work daily.
- Be part of an energetic team: Our team is highly collaborative, fostering a positive work environment that encourages creativity and innovation.
- We value work-life balance: We recognize the importance of maintaining balance and provide a supportive work environment that allows you to prioritize your personal life and well-being.
- Generous reward: We offer a competitive salary + equity
- Great perks: You won’t find table tennis tables or office mandates - we prefer to offer perks that support your overall well-being - including a lifestyle allowance, well-being program, WFH budget, personal learning & development budget, generous leave benefits, and plenty more!
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check and reference checks. Also please note that at this time, we cannot support candidates requiring visa sponsorship or relocation. Apologies.
UpGuard is Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Please note, at this time we can only support hiring in the following US states for this role: CA, OR, WA, or NV.