Marketing Operations Manager
Marketing & Communications, Operations
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, November 18, 2023
Who are we?
UpGuard’s mission is to protect the world’s data. We obsessively seek elegant, robust ways to enable our customers to be better at cybersecurity. The world’s largest, fastest-growing, and most innovative companies leverage our security expertise and software to automate what were once laborious, spreadsheet-driven processes. UpGuard has a unique voice in cybersecurity, with our research prominently featured in publications such as The New York Times, Wired, and Techcrunch. The Marketing team drives UpGuard’s growth, positioning us as a category-leading security solution.
Why are we hiring for this role?
We are looking for a Marketing Technologist to help us build, measure, optimize, and scale our marketing programs to drive growth. You’ll be responsible for managing our marketing tech stack, measuring and reporting on marketing performance, and supporting our global marketing campaigns.
What will you accomplish?
- Develop, maintain, and fine-tune our attribution model to ensure accurate measurement of marketing’s impact on revenue.
- Collaborate with Sales, Marketing, and Analytics teams to align on attribution methodology and get consistency of reporting.
- Create and maintain dashboards and reports that measure the performance of our marketing programs.
- Analyze marketing metrics to identify cause-effect relationships between marketing actions and outcomes. You’ll present findings and insights to senior leadership on a regular basis.
- Develop and optimize our lead scoring model to prioritize high-quality leads for the Sales team.
- Manage and optimize the use of our marketing tech stack including platforms like Hubspot, Intercom, and Outreach.
What do we need from you?
- 5+ years in marketing technology, with demonstrated technical expertise in marketing tools such as Hubspot, Intercom, and Outreach.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Natural curiosity in identifying new tools that can give the Marketing team an edge.
- The gravitas and executive presence to present your findings and insights to the CEO, executive team, and Finance. You’ll know your numbers and credibly defend against hard questions.
- You love getting your hands dirty - to demonstrate the ROI of a marketing campaign, you’re happy to build a model in Google Sheets and work with our analytics team to operationalize it.
What would give you an edge?
- A strong grasp of cybersecurity.
- Experience with product-led growth.
- You’re comfortable in Excel/SQL and Looker.
- Experience at a growth-stage tech company.
What's in it for you?
- Rapidly growing user base: Work directly with some of the world’s largest, fastest-growing, and most innovative companies.
- Interesting problems, at scale: Deeply explore the ever-evolving world of cybersecurity, with a platform processing billions of data points daily.
- Learn from industry-leading experts: Our security research has been featured in The New York Times, The New Yorker, The Washington Post, TechCrunch, Bloomberg, Gizmodo, Engadget, Forbes, ZDNet, and The Guardian.
- Impact: See the impact of your work on a daily basis, with data and impact available on dashboards you have access to.
- Generous compensation: The base salary range for this role is between $120,000 and $140,000. Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
- Great benefits: Health, dental, and vision insurance, monthly wellness and grocery subsidies, WFH set-up allowance, and generous learning and development budget.
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check and reference checks. Also please note that at this time, we cannot support candidates requiring visa sponsorship or relocation. Apologies.
UpGuard is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Please note, at this time we can only support hiring in the following US states for this role: CA, OR, WA, or NV