Sydney, NSW, Australia
Posted on Friday, February 2, 2024
Who are we?
UpGuard’s mission is to protect the world’s data. We obsessively seek out elegant, robust ways to enable our customers to find, acknowledge, and remediate cyber risk. With UpGuard, organizations leverage our security expertise and software to automate what was once laborious, spreadsheet-driven processes–whether it's monitoring the attack surface of hundreds of vendors or assessing the security of their own infrastructure. UpGuard is used by some of the world’s largest, fastest-growing, and most innovative companies.
Why are we hiring this role?
The UpGuard platform is the primary way our customers manage their and their vendor's security postures. Organizations of all sizes across the globe rely on us to understand their cyber risk exposure and conduct first and third-party risk assessments. As a Product Manager you will play a crucial role in the development and enhancement of our third-party risk management product.
Your primary responsibilities will include managing and prioritizing product enhancements, including primary responsibility for prioritizing, planning and managing security questionnaire updates, ensuring compliance with industry standards, and addressing the commercial needs of our customers, contributing to the overall success of our third-party risk management solutions.
In this role you will:
- Deeply understand competitive market and customer needs by spending time with customers, sales, and support and observing patterns/trends across their feedback and the market.
- Be responsible for prioritizing, planning and managing security questionnaire updates, taking into account customer and cross-functional input, market trends and the latest cybersecurity standards and regulations.
- Contribute to the ongoing development and improvement of our third-party risk management product by gathering and analyzing feedback from customers, sales teams, and other stakeholders to identify areas for enhancement.
- Collaborate with the design and development team to implement product improvements, features, and updates.
- Create and maintain product documentation, including user guides and release notes.
- Stay informed about the latest cybersecurity regulations, standards, and industry best practices.
What do we need from you?
- Experience working in a technical or feature-rich software platform.
- The ability to use data to capture insights about user behavior, and respond to these insights by defining corresponding features.
- Technical aptitude and comfort with the internal workings of software products.
- Technical and commercial skills to make informed tradeoffs about what to build.
- Strong knowledge of product management skills and practices and UI/UX product sense.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a talent for precise articulation of customer problems.
- Strong command of advanced Excel functionality.
- Keen interest in cybersecurity
What would give you an edge?
- Previous experience as a Product Manager or Business Analyst for a SaaS company.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field (e.g., Computer Science, Information Technology or Business)
- Thorough understanding or experience in cybersecurity risk management.
- Understanding of Third Party risk management practices, including the lifecycle of risk identification, treatment, mitigation, acceptance, remediation as well as inherent and residual risks.
- Knowledge of relevant security frameworks e.g. ISO 27001, PCI DSS, NIST CSF etc.
- Track record of mastering highly technical problem spaces.
- Experience using Productboard, Mixpanel, Figma, or Looker.
What's in it for you?
- Hybrid or Remote: you choose. While we have offices in Sydney & Hobart, we don’t mandate how often you need to be there. We focus on what you deliver, not where you deliver it from.
- Impact: Influence the direction and design of projects that push the boundaries of your field and see the impact of your work daily.
- Be part of an energetic team: Our team is highly collaborative, fostering a positive work environment that encourages creativity and innovation.
- We value work-life balance: We recognize the importance of maintaining balance and provide a supportive work environment that allows you to prioritize your personal life and well-being.
- Generous reward: We offer a competitive salary + equity
- Great perks: You won’t find table tennis tables or office mandates - we prefer to offer perks that support your overall well-being - including a lifestyle allowance, well-being program, WFH budget, personal learning & development budget, generous leave benefits, and plenty more!
UpGuard is a Certified Great Place to Work® in the US, Australia, UK and India, establishing its position as a leading global technology employer. 99% of team members agree that UpGuard is a great place to work, apply now to find out why!
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
For applications to positions in the United States, please note, at this time we can only support hiring in the following US states: CA, MD, MA, IL, OR, WA, CO, TX, FL, PA, LA, MO, DC or NV.
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check and reference checks. Also please note that at this time, we cannot support candidates requiring visa sponsorship or relocation.