Senior Frontend Engineer - Hotels
We’re on a mission to help people discover the real value of travel — to inspire, to give more reasons, to make it easy — for you to travel. Our company was founded back in 2005, and since then, we’ve imagined and created some of the most well-loved products for travelers all around the world.
Today, Wego is the number 1 travel metasearch engine in the Middle East. There are millions of users on Wego every month — people who travel for adventure, for work, for family and for many other reasons. That’s why we work tirelessly to make your experience of planning & booking flights, hotels and trips as seamless as possible.
About the opportunity
Wego’s frontend engineers work on our users’ Web experience, directly impacting how millions of people search for and purchase travel. This opportunity is for the Hotels team.
This role would be a good fit for you if you:
- Place great value on software quality. You have experience finding optimal ways to maintain a high level of quality via automated testing and thoughtful code reviews.
- Care about the user experience and the product as a whole.
- Cherish clear and open communication. Engineers at Wego collaborate across multiple disciplines and differing opinions. Clear, thoughtful and empathic communication is a fundamental skill to succeed in this role.
What you will bring:
- Experience developing and maintaining Single Page Applications.
- Experience consuming HTTP-based APIs.
- You work well in a team.
- Strong communication skills that strive for clarity.
- Experience with popular test automation tools and frameworks like Jest, Testing Library, Cypress.
Why you will love working here:
- Working in a respectful culture and supportive working environment.
- Flexible working hours, 21 days annual leave. We actively discourage people from working overtime.
- Travel benefit of US$500/year.
- Wellness benefit to spend on physical and mental wellness.