Senior Software Engineer - Ruby on Rails
Software Engineer / Senior Software Engineer
Wego is the largest online travel marketplace in the Middle East and Southeast Asia with more than 18M+ app downloads.
We are looking for a passionate and curiosity-driven engineer to join our multicultural engineering team in Bangalore. We consistently aspire to grow rapidly and expand our talented teams. We are a friendly, geeky bunch, originating from more than twenty countries over five continents. We get extremely excited about new technologies and innovations and work hard to incorporate the latest and greatest to improve our product at every turn. If you love to max out your brain space in an energetic and pioneering atmosphere, then we believe you'll fit right in.
Roles and Responsibilities
- You will work closely with product managers, designers, and other technical leads to design, prototype and build our product.
- You will be part of our mission to automate everything. In order to do that, you will need to write clean code and create automation tests for every module you’ve written.
- Apply standard and best industry practices in software engineering for better performing and clean code.
- You will take ownership of what you work on as well as lead efforts from architecting, coding and deploying.
- Maintain high coding quality & standards by participating in code reviews.
- Understand Wego’s Static data, and how it’s organized, stored, and maintained.
- Take ownership of Wego’s Static Data processes and pipelines, add new features, introduce automation and improve efficiency.
- Contribute towards building and optimizing Wego’s Static Data processes and pipelines with a dedicated focus on scalability and time criticality.
- Review the application codebase to make sure there are no potential errors.
- Thrive in complexity and jump at the opportunity to collaborate with colleagues to deliver projects within tight deadlines.
- Have an Engineering (Bachelor/Master) degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related fields.
- Have good knowledge of computer science, data structures & algorithms.
- Have a knack for problem-solving and designing optimized algorithms & workflows
- Experience with Ruby on Rails
- Experience with standard design patterns & multi-threading.
- Experience with micro-services architecture
- Experience with Relational Databases, with the ability to optimize queries to improve performance.
- Self-motivation and positive attitude towards work, and being a great team player who supports each other is a must.
- 3+ years experience as a software engineer, travel domain experience is a bonus
- Experience with AWS is a plus