Software Engineer 2
Wego is a pioneer in the metasearch business for hotels and flights industry founded back in 2005, since then we have imagined and created some of the most well-loved products for travelers all around the world. Recently we started our own in-house booking platform for hotels, flights and activities all around the world.
We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic Java Developer with 2 to 6 years of experience to join our growing software development team in Bangalore. As a Java Developer, you will work under the guidance of experienced developers and gain hands-on experience in Java programming and related technologies. We get extremely excited about new technology and innovation and work hard to incorporate the latest and greatest to improve our product at every turn. If you love to max out your brain space with techy acronyms in an energetic and pioneering atmosphere, then we think you'll fit right in. You will be a part of our multinational Engineering team spread across India, Singapore, Malaysia, and Indonesia.
- Assist in the design, development, testing, and maintenance of Java-based applications.
- Collaborate with senior developers and team members to understand project requirements and contribute to technical discussions.
- Write clean, efficient, and well-documented code following coding standards and best practices.
- Participate in code reviews to receive feedback and improve coding skills.
- Perform unit testing and debugging of code to identify and fix issues.
- Learn to work with relational databases and perform basic data manipulation and retrieval tasks.
- Gain exposure to Java frameworks and technologies like Spring, Hibernate, etc.
- Assist in integrating APIs and external services into Java applications.
- Work closely with team members to understand and contribute to the software development lifecycle.
- Support the team in troubleshooting and resolving issues in development environments.
- 2 to 6 years of hands-on coding experience as a Java Developer.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field.
- Strong API knowledge to facilitate working with partner APIs during integrations.
- Solid understanding of Computer Science fundamentals including Algorithms, Data Structures, and Operating Systems, along with their applications.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Familiarity with relational database systems and version control systems.
- Familiarity with build processes, continuous integration, and continuous delivery.
- Willingness to learn new technologies and programming languages.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment.
It would be great if you have:
- Experience working in the Travel Tech industry.
- Experience with Ruby and frontend development.
- Experience operating production APIs and services.