Senior Group Accountant
Wego is a profitable, high-growth, Technology Company operating in the online travel industry with a global footprint and operations across Asia and the Middle East. As we continue to grow and expand our business, we are seeking an experienced and exceptional Group Finance Manager to lead our Finance team.
The Group Finance Manager will play a key role in overseeing Accounts Receivable (AR), Accounts Payable (AP), and General Ledger (GL) functions of Wego Group. You will be also responsible for preparing monthly consolidated financial reports, analysing variances, and managing local audits of subsidiaries. If you have a proven track record of managing group audits and expertise in M&A consolidations, along with a strong understanding of financial standards, we invite you to join our team.
- Lead and manage the Global Finance Operations team, including AR, AP, and GL functions, ensuring timely and accurate financial transaction processing.
- Prepare and present monthly consolidated financial reports, providing insightful analysis on key variances and performance metrics to senior management.
- Oversee the coordination and execution of local audits for subsidiaries, ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements and accurate financial reporting.
- Independently manage group audits, liaising with auditors, preparing necessary documentation, and ensuring a smooth and successful audit process.
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives in finance processes, ensuring efficiency, accuracy, and compliance in financial operations.
- Play a key role in M&A consolidations, including financial due diligence, integration planning, and post-acquisition financial reporting.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to optimize working capital management, cash flow forecasting, and financial risk assessment.
- Provide guidance on financial policies, procedures, and internal controls, ensuring adherence to financial standards and best practices.
- Stay updated on emerging accounting and financial reporting standards, ensuring timely implementation and compliance.
- Mentor and develop finance team members, fostering a culture of growth, collaboration, and high performance.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field. Advanced degree (MBA, MSc) or professional certification (CPA, ACCA, CMA) is preferred.
- Minimum 6-8 years of experience in finance and accounting roles, with demonstrated leadership and team management responsibilities.
- Strong knowledge of global finance operations, including AR, AP, and GL functions.
- Proven experience in preparing consolidated financial reports and conducting variance analysis.
- Expertise in managing local audits and group audits independently, including experience in M&A consolidations.
- Strong understanding of financial standards, regulations, and compliance requirements.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to interpret complex financial data and provide actionable insights.
- Proficiency in financial software and ERP systems.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate with diverse teams and stakeholders.
- Detail-oriented with a high level of accuracy in financial reporting and analysis.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, work independently, and meet deadlines in a dynamic environment.
- Experience in the Middle East, India, and Asia markets is advantageous.
To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter outlining your relevant experience and qualifications. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.