Business Development Representative (BDR)
Sales & Business Development
Melbourne VIC, Australia
Posted on Monday, July 25, 2022
At Zeller, we’re champions for businesses of all sizes, and proud to be a fast-growing Australian scale-up taking on the ambitious goal of reimagining business banking and payments.
We believe in a level playing field, where all businesses benefit from access to smarter payments and financial services solutions that accelerate their cash flow, help them get paid faster, and give them a better understanding of their finances. So we’re hard at work building the tools to make it happen.
Zeller is growing fast, backed by leading VCs, and brings together a global team of passionate payment and tech industry professionals. With an exciting roadmap of innovative new products under development, we are building a high performing team to take on the outdated banking solutions. If you are passionate about innovation, thrive in fast-paced environments, embrace a challenge, hate bureaucracy, and can’t think of anything more exciting than disrupting the status-quo, then read on to learn more.
We’re searching for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to join the Zeller Sales team.
As a BDR, you are the first person to speak with a potential Zeller merchant on inbound phone calls, web forms, and outreach to Marketing Qualified Leads. You’ll conduct a full discovery of their business — learning their goals, pain points and priorities, to identify if Zeller is a perfect fit for their needs.
To be successful in this role you must be able to understand the diverse business needs of our merchants on the fly. You’ll become an expert in everything from payments to technology, and build a deep understanding of the issues that matter to Australian SMEs. You’ll use your convincing personality and passion for winning to raise the bar of success, documenting and tracking qualified opportunities to pass on to your colleagues in the Zeller Sales team. You’ll spend your time proactively prospecting and connecting with businesses who are the right fit for Zeller’s reimagined business banking offering.
This is an exciting, entry-level position to join a fast-paced, rapidly growing Sales team, that is ideal for for a motivated and persistent self-starter who isn’t afraid of ambiguity in execution. You will bring a background in customer-facing roles, either as a Customer Success specialist, Customer Support representative, or in face-to-face sales in a retail or consultative-selling environment.
On any given day you will:
- Accelerate Zeller’s sales pipeline by qualifying and converting warm inbound leads, marketing qualified leads, and prospecting for new business opportunities (BDR-generated leads);
- Conduct exploratory calls with prospect merchants to effectively qualify sales opportunities before they’re passed to an Account Executive;
- Proactively contact prospective merchants via a high-touch strategy including cold-calling, email and LinkedIn outreach;
- Help to build, adapt and optimise best-practice outreach sequences, lead-generation playbooks, and qualification criteria to exceed individual and team performance targets and deliver an exception merchant experience;
- Schedule meetings and calls between qualified merchants and Zeller Account Executives, ensuring to always deliver a warm handover;
- Research and identify market gaps and opportunities to accelerate Zeller’s growth, then construct comprehensive and detailed lead lists targeting these growth areas;
- Stay up-to-date with SME, technology, payments, competitor and business trends that are relevant to Zeller’s merchants.
Your skills and experience:
- 1+ years of experience in one (or more) of the following roles: Sales Development Representative; Business Development Representative; Customer Success Representative or Product / Onboarding Specialist;
- Hands-on experience with multiple prospecting techniques (including cold calls and outreach);
- Track record of achieving sales-performance or activity-based goals;
- Experience with CRM software (e.g. Hubspot, Salesforce);
- Excellent written, verbal, conversational and listening skills;
- Proficient and demonstrable experience in prospecting, identifying target customers, evaluating buyer interest, recognising decision-making processes and qualifying customers;
- Strong interpersonal skills and a highly collaborative work style.
How we work
Our team thrives on the energy of being together. While technology connects us virtually, we love the in-person collaboration and spend majority of our work week at our spacious (and fully stocked with snacks) Melbourne CBD office.
Like the rest of the team, you’ll benefit from
A competitive salary package, including equity from an early stage;
A balanced, progressive, and supportive work environment;
Excellent parental leave and other leave entitlements;
A fantastic office environment;
Endless learning and development opportunities;
Plenty of fun and social opportunities - we love to come together as a team;
An ability to influence and shape the future of Zeller as our company scales both domestically and globally;
Being part of one of Australia’s most exciting scale-ups.
At Zeller, we are looking for passionate people with drive and integrity. You are encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t exactly match this job description.