Software Engineer (Node.js/Typescript + AWS)
Sydney, Australia · Remote
Posted on Monday, September 26, 2022
At Zeller, we’re champions for businesses of all sizes, and proud to be a fast-growing Australian scale-up taking on the ambitious goal of reimagining business banking and payments.
We believe in a level playing field, where all businesses benefit from access to smarter payments and financial services solutions that accelerate their cash flow, help them get paid faster, and give them a better understanding of their finances. So we’re hard at work building the tools to make it happen.
Zeller is growing fast, backed by leading VCs, and brings together a global team of passionate payment and tech industry professionals. With an exciting roadmap of innovative new products under development, we are building a high performing team to take on the outdated banking solutions. If you are passionate about innovation, thrive in fast-paced environments, embrace a challenge, hate bureaucracy, and can’t think of anything more exciting than disrupting the status-quo, then read on to learn more.
As a Software Engineer at Zeller, you will be responsible for architecting, developing and supporting cloud native, highly available, robust and secure applications in the AWS environment. You will have experience in backend, API and database development.
You will get satisfaction from the high impact contribution of your work and fulfilment of the mindsets embracing teamwork, care factor and the motto “You build it, you own it”.
With automation and maintenance being at the heart of our engineering principles, this position will have the enviable opportunity to adopt and promote best practices, bleeding edge technologies and trends. While there is a primary area of expertise and responsibilities shaped by the initial project assigned, this role is not limited to a single product area or type over time and will work in a cross functional team with skill sets in full stack software engineering, DevOps, infrastructure, quality assurance to architect.
You will collaborate with a cross-disciplinary team to own product software development, contribute and promote standards and engineering best practices, support operational activities such as; process automation, compliance activities, SLA upkeep requirements.
You’ll be tasked with translating business or product requirements into technical designs, hands-on implementation of the designs to see through its testing and deployment into various environments such as; development, stress testing, integration testing, staging and production.
You will enjoy the fun of development from scratch in some application components while adhering to the company engineering standards, frameworks and best practices. You will also be a collaborative engineer capable of observing and contributing to existing works by other team members. Automation and maintenance is key, you will be excited to see through your contributions into production and maintain their longevity in the mission-critical environment.
Your Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum of a Bachelor degree in software engineering (or related);
- Experience in a technical hands on software engineering role;
- Strong background in software engineering and design patterns;
- Strong experience in developing cloud native applications in the AWS Cloud;
- Experience in serverless-based applications using AWS Lambda, DynamoDB;
- Experience in container-based applications using AWS ECS;
- Knowledge in architecture patterns such as; CQRS, event-sourcing;
- Proficient in Typescript, NodeJS, Java;
- Good with API and its design/protocol - Restful, GraphQL, Streaming API, Webhooks;
- Good knowledge in databases and clustering - SQL, NOSQL;
- Instinctive desire to maintain code tidiness and zero technical debt;
- Strong desire and disciple to have automated testings - unit tests, system tests, integration tests (with TDD, BDD);
- Security awareness;
- Appreciation and know-how in CICD;
- Proven track record in developing and maintaining mission-critical high-load production systems with SLA 99.999%;
- Proven track record in supporting rapid and agile product deployments to different environments - dev, test, stress-testing, staging/production.
Like the rest of the team, you’ll benefit from:
A competitive salary package, including equity from an early stage;
A balanced, progressive, and supportive work environment;
Excellent parental leave and other leave entitlements;
A fantastic office environment;
Endless learning and development opportunities;
Plenty of fun and social opportunities - we love to come together as a team;
An ability to influence and shape the future of Zeller as our company scales both domestically and globally;
Being part of one of Australia’s most exciting scale-ups.
See more open positions at Zeller
Something looks off?