Backend Engineer - Financial Services
Software Engineering, Accounting & Finance
Melbourne, VIC, Australia
Posted on Tuesday, April 18, 2023
At Zeller, we’re champions for businesses of all sizes, and proud to be a fast-growing Australian scale-up taking on the ambitious goal of reimagining business banking and payments.
We believe in a level playing field, where all businesses benefit from access to smarter payments and financial services solutions that accelerate their cash flow, help them get paid faster, and give them a better understanding of their finances. So we’re hard at work building the tools to make it happen.
Zeller is growing fast, backed by leading VCs, and brings together a global team of passionate payment and tech industry professionals. With an exciting roadmap of innovative new products under development, we are building a high performing team to take on the outdated banking solutions. If you are passionate about innovation, thrive in fast-paced environments, embrace a challenge, hate bureaucracy, and can’t think of anything more exciting than disrupting the status-quo, then read on to learn more.
About the role
The Zeller payments team enables more than 20,000 Australian businesses to accept payments from millions of Australian customers each month. As one of the fastest growing fintechs in Australia, we are searching for product-minded engineers to craft our user-focused, modern payments and banking platform.
We are looking for outcome-driven technologists with a growth mindset who want to own the products they build. You will be surrounded by talented engineers working in an environment that fosters opportunities for learning new technology and engineering practices.
What you’ll be doing
- As part of our Financial Services Engineering team, you will:
- Implement and deliver new products and features
- Meet and set the standard for code quality and testing practices in the team
- Perform code reviews, contribute to a testing and automation culture, and support our quality practices
- End-to-end ownership and support of the features you build and of the quality and performance of the Zeller platform
What skills and experience we are looking for
- Experience with Typescript/Nodejs, GraphQL, and AWS cloud native architectures.
- Exposure to Microservices, Serverless Architecture or Service-Oriented Architecture
- Knowledge of architectural patterns such as CQRS and Event Driven design
- Experience working in a product-driven team
- Demonstrated contribution to the delivery of complex products and services.
- Excellent communication and planning skills with a deep appreciation for the customer and business context
How we work
Zeller has a global engineering team with our headquarters in Melbourne. This Melbourne-based role supports flexible, hybrid working, with most of our team working from our CBD office two to four days a week.
How we work
Our team thrives on the energy of being together. While technology connects us virtually, we love the in-person collaboration and spend majority of our work week at our spacious (and fully stocked with snacks) Melbourne CBD office.
Like the rest of the team, you’ll benefit from
A competitive salary package, including equity from an early stage;
A balanced, progressive, and supportive work environment;
Excellent parental leave and other leave entitlements;
A fantastic office environment;
Endless learning and development opportunities;
Plenty of fun and social opportunities - we love to come together as a team;
An ability to influence and shape the future of Zeller as our company scales both domestically and globally;
Being part of one of Australia’s most exciting scale-ups.
At Zeller, we are looking for passionate people with drive and integrity. You are encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t exactly match this job description.