Senior Product Engineer - React Native
Software Engineering, Product
Melbourne VIC, Australia
Posted on Friday, April 21, 2023
At Zeller, we’re champions for businesses of all sizes, and proud to be a fast-growing Australian scale-up taking on the ambitious goal of reimagining business banking and payments.
We believe in a level playing field, where all businesses benefit from access to smarter payments and financial services solutions that accelerate their cash flow, help them get paid faster, and give them a better understanding of their finances. So we’re hard at work building the tools to make it happen.
Zeller is growing fast, backed by leading VCs, and brings together a global team of passionate payment and tech industry professionals. With an exciting roadmap of innovative new products under development, we are building a high performing team to take on the outdated banking solutions. If you are passionate about innovation, thrive in fast-paced environments, embrace a challenge, hate bureaucracy, and can’t think of anything more exciting than disrupting the status-quo, then read on to learn more.
About the role
The Zeller payments team enables more than 30,000 Australian businesses to accept payments from millions of Australian customers each month. As one of the fastest growing fintechs in Australia, we are searching for product-minded engineers to craft our user-focused, modern payments and banking platform.
As a Senior React Native Engineer, you will play a key role in creating new ways for our customers to accept payments, and build the products they use to move and manage their money.
Working within our cross-functional product teams, you should have a drive for technical and product excellence and a desire to lend your skills and leadership to the development of highly visible and mission critical products.
What you’ll be doing
The React Native team owns the mobile app experience for Zeller’s merchants. Our app is the gateway for customers to manage payment acceptance, cards, spend and accounts.
As part of this team, you will:
- Work with designers and product managers to thoughtfully translate product requirements into technical designs, and build solutions that champion the customer..
- Collaborate with our native application teams who build Zeller’s terminal software to build cross platform solutions to our
- Contribute to, uplift, and push the boundaries of our design system, mobile app architecture, and build systems.
- Work with the frontend team to continuously define and improve our code standards and the way products are built at Zeller.
- Take ownership of the quality and production operation of the features and products that you build.
What skills and experience we are looking for
Zeller uses a modern and evolving technical stack, and we don’t expect you to have experience with every tool. That being said, the key elements of our mobile stack today are Typescript, React Native, GraphQL and a serverless API backend. You will also be working alongside our Native development team who build the software that runs on Zeller hardware using Android and Kotlin.
To help us level up, you will bring:
- Demonstrated leadership in defining and uplifting code standards within a team
- Demonstrated ownership and delivery of complex features and products
- Wide experience with testing methodologies and the ability to prioritise correctness in a financial services environment.
- The ability to put yourself in the customer's shoes and understand how your work helps them accomplish their mission.
- Experience or excitement about the payments industry.
How we work
Zeller has a global product engineering team with our headquarters in Melbourne. This Melbourne based role supports flexible hybrid working with a culture that encourages collaborating in office three to four days a week.
Like the rest of the team, you’ll benefit from:
A competitive salary package, including equity from an early stage;
A balanced, progressive, and supportive work environment;
Excellent parental leave and other leave entitlements;
A fantastic office environment;
Endless learning and development opportunities;
Plenty of fun and social opportunities - we love to come together as a team;
An ability to influence and shape the future of Zeller as our company scales both domestically and globally;
Being part of one of Australia’s most exciting scale-ups.
See more open positions at Zeller
Something looks off?