Software Development Manager (Platform and Backend Services)
Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2023
At Zeller, we’re champions for businesses of all sizes, and proud to be a fast-growing Australian scale-up taking on the ambitious goal of reimagining business banking and payments.
We believe in a level playing field, where all businesses benefit from access to smarter payments and financial services solutions that accelerate their cash flow, help them get paid faster, and give them a better understanding of their finances. So we’re hard at work building the tools to make it happen.
Zeller is growing fast, backed by leading VCs, and brings together a global team of passionate payment and tech industry professionals. With an exciting roadmap of innovative new products under development, we are building a high performing team to take on the outdated banking solutions. If you are passionate about innovation, thrive in fast-paced environments, embrace a challenge, hate bureaucracy, and can’t think of anything more exciting than disrupting the status-quo, then read on to learn more.
As a Software Development Manager (Platform and Backend Services), you will demonstrate strong accountability and be responsible for the platform and various backend services. You will provide direction, technical knowledge on applying technologies & applications to support the business.
You will combine software engineering, systems engineering, cloud engineering and domain knowledge to develop, enhance and maintain backend platforms and services in the financial domain.
Based in our sensational Sydney office (and from home, whenever you like) you will lead an international team of Software Engineers. You will also be working collaboratively with different technical leads, DevOps and teams to ensure timely quality project rollout, and upkeep the stability of the production environment.
As the successful candidate, you do what is needed to support your own team, and at important times support other technical leads on project timelines, business continuity ultimately aligning to the success of the company. You’ll be analytical, technical, pragmatic, collaborative and disciplined in your approach. You will be technically skilled and knowledgeable in a wide range of fields: programming, CICD, change control, databases. In combination with domain and project knowledge.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Lead a global team of Software Engineers and QA;
- Develop new backend services based on company roadmap;
- Enhance existing platform and backend services;
- Maintain existing platform and backend services;
- Solution Architect for the platform and cross cutting concerns;
- Be collaborative in the solution approach by gaining buy-ins from different technical leads without sacrificing the drive to see outcome and innovation;
- Lead by example, demonstrate quality and excellence of work execution;
- Care for a team and maintain BCP;
- Be able to contribute individually on both codes, frameworks, troubleshooting and cloud engineering.
Your Systems Knowledge and Attributes:
- Software Development Lifecycle;
- AWS Knowledge: Serverless, Cloud Native applications ECS, Fargate, VPC, ALB, PrivateLink;
- Analytical and application troubleshooting;
- Ability to work with codes (e.g. Typescript) and general scripting (e.g. Shell);
- Ability high quality codes from the team;
- Stakeholder management;
- Incident management.
What will you achieved in the first six months?
- You'll manage and enhance an existing suite of production platforms and backend services, always aiming for project and operational excellence.
Like the rest of the team, you’ll benefit from:
A competitive salary package, including equity from an early stage;
A balanced, progressive, and supportive work environment;
Excellent parental leave and other leave entitlements;
A fantastic office environment;
Endless learning and development opportunities;
Plenty of fun and social opportunities - we love to come together as a team;
An ability to influence and shape the future of Zeller as our company scales both domestically and globally;
Being part of one of Australia’s most exciting scale-ups.
See more open positions at Zeller
Something looks off?