Sales & Business Development
Melbourne VIC, Australia
Posted on Monday, July 17, 2023
At Zeller, we’re champions for businesses of all sizes, and proud to be a fast-growing Australian scale-up taking on the ambitious goal of reimagining business banking and payments.
We believe in a level playing field, where all businesses benefit from access to smarter payments and financial services solutions that accelerate their cash flow, help them get paid faster, and give them a better understanding of their finances. So we’re hard at work building the tools to make it happen.
Zeller is growing fast, backed by leading VCs, and brings together a global team of passionate payment and tech industry professionals. With an exciting roadmap of innovative new products under development, we are building a high performing team to take on the outdated banking solutions. If you are passionate about innovation, thrive in fast-paced environments, embrace a challenge, hate bureaucracy, and can’t think of anything more exciting than disrupting the status-quo, then read on to learn more.
About the role
As Zeller's Partnerships Lead, you'll be responsible for negotiating, building, and developing relationships with partners from within the global ecosystem of startups, SaaS platforms (e.g. point-of-sale, accounting, E-commerce), technical integrators, industry and association groups (e.g. Startup bodies), and distribution channels (e.g. Officeworks, Australia Post). You will build the Zeller partnerships strategy, and then lead commercial discussions and go-to-market execution that form and successfully deploy these partnerships.
This is an end-to-end role for a business leader who is looking to deliver partnerships from initial outreach to scoping and launch; to lead ongoing relationship management; to identify additional commercial opportunities; to drive commercial renegotiations and partner co-marketing. You will be an expert in growing, building, and scaling successful partner programs from within the SaaS or technology industries.
You will own Zeller's partnership strategy and implement every go-to-market approach. In this role you will formulate a view on each partnership and how the technical integration will be undertaken, and then collaborate with Zeller's product and engineering teams to project manage integrations from requirements to delivery. Your day-to-day KPI will involve building and managing a wide-ranging partnership pipeline, which you'll forge through your own networking, industry relationships, cold outreach, and business development tactics.
This is not a one size fits all role — the successful candidate will index towards partner management and commercial business development, but also need experience to technical implementation and support requirements for every partnership or integration you deliver. You will be hands-on with a growth mindset, and adopt a "move fast" mentality to chase multiple partnership opportunities concurrently. You'll bring strong communication skills to build and deepen partner relationships, be comfortable working cross-functionally with both internal and external teams, and a have a hunger to build a deep partner network to deliver growth for Zeller.
- Build a partner strategy and pipeline.
- Identify, conduct outreach to, and build a robust pipeline of partners (SaaS, Platform, Industry, Technical, Aggregator), with a specific focus on POS, Accounting, E-commerce, and Booking / Scheduling.
- Close deals / secure agreements with partners.
- Develop a partner roadmap that aligns with the product requirements of Zeller customers, designed to add value through software integrations that enhance the Zeller merchant experience.
- Defining the strategy and value proposition of the Zeller Partnerships program, and building our brand to be known as a 'best-in-class' channel partner in industry.
- Commercial Management
- Develop commercial revenue models with partners, and be able to take a proposal through to contracting.
- Position deals, and their strategic importance / priority to Zeller to gain internal buy-in.
- Build business cases / ROI / NPV / CAC models with partners to demonstrate value created.
- Collate presentations and engage with partner key stakeholders to win new partnership opportunities.
- Technical Implementation
- Project management the partnership implementation - from straight forward co-marketing partnerships, to those with with existing APIs for immediate integration, to collaborating with the Zeller product and engineering teams to develop new APIs that enable us take advantage of new opportunities and integrations.
- Partner with the wider Growth team (Marketing, Sales, Enterprise, PR and Account Management) to design and execute effective go-to-market strategies for each new partnership that communicates benefit and drives adoption.
- Prioritise implementations with multiple partners according to customer needs, partner requirements and Zeller software engineering.
- Identifying and monitoring any integration issues and resolving defects in sprint planning with software engineering teams.
- Partnership Performance Management
- Monitoring the performance of partnership integrations and management of on-going commercial arrangements and relationship health.
- Developing go-to-market plans to drive continued engagement within a partner's user base.
- Developing go-to-market plans that drive adoption and satisfaction of a partner's integration within the Zeller merchant base.
- Identifying opportunities to undertake joint partnership campaigns and co-marketing opportunities, and partnering with the relevant internal teams to execute on this.
- Conduct regular check-ins / business reviews with partners to maintain health and commitment.
- Loves challenging the status-quo.
- Ability to work autonomously yet collaboratively.
- Prepared to be bold yet consistent with your creative direction.
- Holds the concept of product and design ‘simplicity’ in the highest regard.
- Prefers a role where you work on foundational products from the ground up, not just work on minor iterations within structured style restrictions.
- Can effectively prioritise work to drive outcomes.
- Ability to focus on long-term thinking through each product’s brand lifecycle.
- A passionate brand advocate — you thrive on being 'in-market' to build lasting, productive relationships with channel partners.
- Be a present and considered people leader to foster true team cohesiveness.
- Be able to continually balance speed, perfection, functionality, cost and design.
- Willingness to oscillate between and balance; ‘leadership’ with ‘getting your hands dirty’.
- A hunger and desire to win.
Qualifications and experience
- 3+ years of experience working in SaaS channel partnerships, partner management, or enterprise business development.
- Outstanding commercial acumen and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated experience in managing stakeholders across multiple teams (commercial, technical, marketing, product) and levels.
- The ability to lead complex, cross-functional projects (opportunity identification, decision-maker targeting and relationship development, commercial negotiation and deal closure, technical integration, product development and GTM) across one or multiple organisations.
- Have led workshops with technical and non-technical stakeholders to accurately capture process maps and requirements.
- You can understand information and system flows between infrastructures and organisations;
- Have an eye for detail and are able to ‘drill-in’ to minutia, while still synthesising and communicating information in a succinct manner.
- Understand the bigger picture and what product levers will drive growth, cost, efficiency, effectiveness and scale.
- Comfortable working under pressure and being incredibly hands-on.
- An understanding of the payments ecosystem is a plus!
- Experience in working within a high-growth environment.
- Relationships with domestic and global SaaS partners, channel partners and SME industry associations.
- Portfolio of integrations that displays the breadth of your work and your commercial acumen.
- Have knowledge of computer software engineering practices including development lifecycles.
How we work
Our team thrives on the energy of being together. While technology connects us virtually, we love the in-person collaboration and spend majority of our work week at our spacious (and fully stocked with snacks) Melbourne CBD office.
Like the rest of the team, you’ll benefit from
A competitive salary package, including equity from an early stage;
A balanced, progressive, and supportive work environment;
Excellent parental leave and other leave entitlements;
A fantastic office environment;
Endless learning and development opportunities;
Plenty of fun and social opportunities - we love to come together as a team;
An ability to influence and shape the future of Zeller as our company scales both domestically and globally;
Being part of one of Australia’s most exciting scale-ups.
At Zeller, we are looking for passionate people with drive and integrity. You are encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t exactly match this job description.