Junior Fraud Risk Analyst
IT, Accounting & Finance
Melbourne VIC, Australia
Posted on Monday, September 4, 2023
At Zeller, we’re champions for businesses of all sizes, and proud to be a fast-growing Australian scale-up taking on the ambitious goal of reimagining business banking and payments.
We believe in a level playing field, where all businesses benefit from access to smarter payments and financial services solutions that accelerate their cash flow, help them get paid faster, and give them a better understanding of their finances. So we’re hard at work building the tools to make it happen.
Zeller is growing fast, backed by leading VCs, and brings together a global team of passionate payment and tech industry professionals. With an exciting roadmap of innovative new products under development, we are building a high performing team to take on the outdated banking solutions. If you are passionate about innovation, thrive in fast-paced environments, embrace a challenge, hate bureaucracy, and can’t think of anything more exciting than disrupting the status-quo, then read on to learn more.
We are looking for a Junior Risk Analyst to join our Risk and Compliance team. If you love to learn new skills and grow, you will have the resources and support to do incredible things at Zeller.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Undertake an in-depth investigation to identify potential Fraud. This includes gathering evidence, reviewing documents, analysing transactions and identifying activity that ‘does not look right’ to minimise loss to the business
- Monitor blacklist alerts, investigate possible matches and take appropriate action where ‘hits’ are identified
- Identify, review, investigate, and escalate any suspicious activity
- Action Fraud alerts generated from our internal Transaction Monitoring Systems (TMS)
- Execute routine inbound and outbound calls to verify account activity with the customer.
- Help identify areas of efficiencies while producing quality work
- Liaise with other teams including Customer Success, Marketing and Sales
- You are humble and have a ‘can do’ attitude
- You are a fast learner and love sharing your knowledge with others
- You are meticulous and thrive on solving problems of significant importance
- You have an ability to perform well in a fast-paced team-based environment
- Ability to resolve complex issues or complaints
- You love challenging the status quo
- You work autonomously yet collaboratively
- You can prioritize and remain focused under pressure
- You have a proactive approach toward work and continuously seek to improve
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines and achieve objectives
- You understand the importance of preventing Financial Crime
Qualifications and Experience
- 1+ years experience in financial industry
- A Bachelor’s degree, or a track record of experience that proves it wasn’t required
- Well-developed communication skills including email and phone-based correspondence with customers and key stakeholders
At Zeller, we are looking for passionate people with drive and integrity. You are encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t exactly match this job description. We are also open to applicants that have worked outside of Australia and have international Risk and Fraud experience.
How we work
Our team thrives on the energy of being together. While technology connects us virtually, we love the in-person collaboration and spend majority of our work week at our spacious (and fully stocked with snacks) Melbourne CBD office.
Like the rest of the team, you’ll benefit from
A competitive salary package, including equity from an early stage;
A balanced, progressive, and supportive work environment;
Excellent parental leave and other leave entitlements;
A fantastic office environment;
Endless learning and development opportunities;
Plenty of fun and social opportunities - we love to come together as a team;
An ability to influence and shape the future of Zeller as our company scales both domestically and globally;
Being part of one of Australia’s most exciting scale-ups.
At Zeller, we are looking for passionate people with drive and integrity. You are encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t exactly match this job description.