Melbourne VIC, Australia
Posted on Thursday, September 14, 2023
At Zeller, we’re champions for businesses of all sizes, and proud to be a fast-growing Australian scale-up taking on the ambitious goal of reimagining business banking and payments.
We believe in a level playing field, where all businesses benefit from access to smarter payments and financial services solutions that accelerate their cash flow, help them get paid faster, and give them a better understanding of their finances. So we’re hard at work building the tools to make it happen.
Zeller is growing fast, backed by leading VCs, and brings together a global team of passionate payment and tech industry professionals. With an exciting roadmap of innovative new products under development, we are building a high performing team to take on the outdated banking solutions. If you are passionate about innovation, thrive in fast-paced environments, embrace a challenge, hate bureaucracy, and can’t think of anything more exciting than disrupting the status-quo, then read on to learn more.
About the Role ✨
You will be part of a team creating products which help business owners do better things with their money – tens of thousands of businesses already rely on Zeller every day.
This is a great opportunity to be involved in live and emerging products with many facets, including all kinds of card payments, a web-based business money portal, and what we believe to be Australia’s best financial app for businesses.
Pristine UI is central to the Zeller brand, so we’re looking for a Product Designer who is skilled in pure UX, but who also enjoys crafting beautifully simple components and layouts. Product designers at Zeller are integral to the business, and work closely with our product managers, engineers, and design leadership.
What you’ll do
- You'll help create and refine experiences and features which underpin success for businesses and the people who run them.
- You'll conceptualise and assess options quickly yet with an eye to detail and challenging accepted patterns.
- You'll also be involved in realising beautiful, engaging, and effective interactions, which will elevate our products, design system, and brand.
- You'll be involved with design at all stages from brief-shaping to deployment
- Thoughtfully use research and data to progress design
- Rapidly create, assess and communicate design options
- Assess, modify and upgrade existing designs for review
- Collaborate on product design at all levels with other team members
- Articulate simple, elegant user flows and experiences which seek to understand and help people and their businesses
- Prototype both rough concepts and detailed designs
- Play an important role in our evolving design system
- Help shape the design team’s approach to work
About You ⚡
- 3+ years designing user experiences across web and mobile
- A tertiary Degree in Design or other relevant field
- Experience collaborating on projects in a range of ways
- A folio which proudly represents your talents, your processes, and an empathy for users, and how those things lead to great outcomes
- Examples of your work in user research, ideation, prototyping, and delivery and implementation of high-fidelity designs, and experience with design systems
- Confidence in Figma, and you may also bring skills in other relevant tools
Why you should apply
- You’re ready to start the next phase of your career in a supportive, capable and well-funded scale-up
- You would love to be part of a team creating beautiful experience and visual design, of the highest standard
- You want an opportunity to be involved in valuable, sticky products which directly improve users’ businesses
- You want to be part of something big from an early stage, and to see your work be put up in lights
- You want to work at least 4 days a week in a seriously cool CBD office, with perks like fully-stocked pantry and drinks fridge, with frequent, well-catered office and team events
How we work
Our team thrives on the energy of being together. While technology connects us virtually, we love the in-person collaboration and spend majority of our work week at our spacious (and fully stocked with snacks) Melbourne CBD office.
Like the rest of the team, you’ll benefit from
A competitive salary package, including equity from an early stage;
A balanced, progressive, and supportive work environment;
Excellent parental leave and other leave entitlements;
A fantastic office environment;
Endless learning and development opportunities;
Plenty of fun and social opportunities - we love to come together as a team;
An ability to influence and shape the future of Zeller as our company scales both domestically and globally;
Being part of one of Australia’s most exciting scale-ups.
At Zeller, we are looking for passionate people with drive and integrity. You are encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t exactly match this job description.