At Zoomo, our vision is to help decarbonise our cities through innovation in the last-mile delivery space.
Since 2019, Zoomo has raised over US$100M from some of the world’s savviest investors and built world-leading utility e-bikes and a disruptive business model for their distribution and maintenance. We're a fast-growing start-up with a global footprint across Australia, the United States, the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Spain and the Philippines, where we are now the trusted partner to some of the world's leading and most innovative companies.
Expect to join a passionate, collaborative team that wants to make our streets greener and serve our riders. If you enjoy open and transparent decision-making processes, where constructive feedback encourages entrepreneurial, creative and agile minds to grow read on.
We are looking for a General Manager with a passion for innovation, a knack for problem-solving along with the ability to thrive in ambiguity while creating world-class customer experiences. In this critical strategic leadership role, you will report to Zoomo’s Global Chief Operating Officer and be responsible for the overall performance and growth of our Australian business. You are a creative, big-picture individual who is excited to be accountable for your own team and P&L.
In this role, you will not only ensure operational excellence but will also have your finger on the local market pulse, identifying and moving quickly on new opportunities for growth as well as building and maintaining critical partnerships.
Zoomo is a young business and we are looking for a highly adaptable candidate who is able to switch between long-term strategic initiatives one moment and pivot into rapid, tactical actions the next.
Based in Sydney and responsible for Zoomo's Australia business in the following areas:
- Lead Zoomo's market growth strategy across operations, marketing, recruiting, business development, support, and much more with the full support of HQ in Sydney
- Implement an operating model for success: build internal operational capabilities, define warehouse and logistics strategy, refine and optimise a competitive pricing strategy across a range of SKUs, etc.
- Launch new cities, products and partnerships: Identify and launch new cities, new products and new partnerships to enable rapid growth in your market
- Build a high-performing team: Manage and grow a team of operational leaders. You will. be responsible for hiring & developing your team and establishing a fun, inclusive, and safe work environment.
- Represent Zoomo in Australia: live our values, be proactive in seeking opportunities and don’t be afraid to hustle
- Drive innovation across the business: Synthesise feedback and recommendations. amongst your peers, the business, product and engineering teams
- 5+ years experience in strategy or operations roles in high-growth / high-pressure environments
- 2+ years managing high-performing teams
- Strong operational mindset and track record of achieving targets within the constraints of a startup
- Data-driven mentality with a strong business judgment and bias to action
- Exceptional organisational and project management skills
- A willingness to get your hands dirty and spend time on the shop floor
- Able to communicate and listen effectively; great written, verbal and presentation skills
- Leadership by example. Able to motivate, inspire and create an inclusive, positive & supportive work environment for all
- A passion for an aspect of the space we do business in, be it bikes, logistics, sustainable mobility, or platform work
At Zoomo, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment and equal opportunities. We offer you the chance to be part of an organisation in growth mode with plenty of opportunities for personal development, including
- The chance to be part of a close-knit team that is committed to making a positive change towards a sustainable world
- A competitive salary, bonus scheme and ESOP package
- Global and tailored local benefits packages
- Flexible working with a team of extraordinary, motivated and fun co-workers
- Autonomy and ownership of the work you do.
- Monthly team outings & events
- Discounted use of one of our e-bikes
- Global fun with a team spread from Australia, the United States, the Philippines, France & MORE!
- Working at a well-funded start-up with a strong leadership team and global presence.
- The chance to be part of an organisation in growth with plenty of opportunity for personal development.
- The full support of an experienced management team in helping you meet your targets and your professional goals