Senior Android Engineer
At Zoomo, our vision is to transition every urban mile to Light Electric Vehicles (LEVs). Zoomo offers the world’s leading platform for commercial use e-bikes. We operate across the USA, UK, Europe, Canada and Australia. In 4 years Zoomo has helped transition millions of urban miles to light electric vehicles, built a team of >300 world class engineers, operators, sales staff and vehicle repair technicians; developed and deployed the world's best last mile delivery electric bikes and fleet management software; and successfully sold these fleet solutions into the world's leading logistics businesses.
Zoomo vehicles are used by major players in the food, grocery and parcel delivery segments with partners including UberEats, Doordash, JustEat Takeaway, Deliveroo, Domino’s, Pizza Hut, Amazon, FedEx, Getir, Ocado, GoPuff and many more.
Expect to join a high-performing team where you are trusted to make a direct impact on our business, our customers and our planet.
What We're Looking For
Zoomo is looking for a Senior Frontend Engineer to be an integral part of a new squad within the engineering team.
You will be responsible for building tools from the ground up on a global scale. Your work will have a large impact - it’s the backbone of our business and will be used to solve problems for both our business and our customers in Europe, the Americas and Australia.
You’ll deliver business value by owning the complete software development lifecycle from inception to delivery and its post-release support. You will be responsible for maintaining coding quality, design and implementation of new and agreed architectures using best standards and modern architectures. You will be a mentor to other engineers and participate in forums within the wider team to share knowledge, experience, best practices and collaboratively raise the standard of engineering.
- At a department level, you’ll collaborate with other engineers and team members to help deliver Zoomo’s technical vision, strategy and roadmap.
- At a squad level, you’ll contribute to technical solutions in both the discovery and delivery stages. You’ll work closely with the Tech Lead and Product Manager in your squad to help define the product roadmap and regularly plan sprints and groom backlogs for the team.
- You’ll contribute to the discovery stage to assist engineering, product and design teams to validate assumptions.
- You’ll contribute to the delivery stage to guide the engineering team in developing a well-architected solution with backend and frontend components for both Desktop and Mobile.
- You’ll engage in software architecture discussions to help evolve Zoomo’s software
Our Ideal Candidate
- You are a team player with excellent communication skills, wanting to be part of a rapidly growing company and enjoy working in a fast paced environment.
- You thrive on analysing problems, formulating solutions, and making those a reality. You build for the long term.
- You have a passion for quality and know what best-in-class engineering looks like and want to help drive the journey
- Have diverse enterprise app development experience
- Have a good grasp of underlying software engineering concepts (data structures, algorithms, OOP) and effectively use them in your day to day work
- Have experience in full software development life cycle in a fast-moving Agile environment
- Have extensive experience using Kotlin and Android Studio to develop a well-architected Android codebase
- Thoroughly understand Android app deployment for both internal and external users, including via the Play Store
- Regularly write unit tests for the most important parts of the code
- Regularly use Android profiling tools to optimise your code
- Have an advanced understanding of consuming REST APIs in Android Apps
- Are proficient in using git and GitHub’s code review process
- Have a good understanding and experience of platform best practices for App performance and security
- Have a thorough understanding of a variety of data persistence options for Android
What Will Set You Apart
- Experience in using Jetpack Compose for Android UI development
- Experience or keen interest in iOS app development
- Experience with test automation
- Experience with CI/CD tools and processes
We offer you the chance to be part of a team at the cutting edge of the world’s electrification journey, including:
- Working with a switched on team that strives to make the streets greener and serve the rider
- A competitive salary
- Global and country-specific benefits packages
- Flexible working that is focussed on the delivery of OKRs
- Monthly team outings & events
Zoomers currently represent 45 nationalities and we celebrate diversity and inclusion with equal opportunities for all.