Bicycle Mechanic / Store Associate
At Zoomo, our vision is to transition every urban mile to Light Electric Vehicles (LEVs). Zoomo offers the world’s leading platform for commercial use e-bikes. We operate across the USA, UK, Europe, Canada and Australia. In 4 years Zoomo has helped transition millions of urban miles to light electric vehicles, built a team of >300 world class engineers, operators, sales staff and vehicle repair technicians; developed and deployed the world's best last mile delivery electric bikes and fleet management software; and successfully sold these fleet solutions into the world's leading logistics businesses.
Zoomo vehicles are used by major players in the food, grocery and parcel delivery segments with partners including UberEats, Doordash, JustEat Takeaway, Deliveroo, Domino’s, Pizza Hut, Amazon, FedEx, Getir, Ocado, GoPuff and many more.
Expect to join a high-performing team where you are trusted to make a direct impact on our business, our customers and our planet.
In this role you will be working in a multidimensional set-up mainly as our front of house being a brand ambassador for Zoomo, ensuring the highest level of customer service and informing our customers the specs of our awesome e-bikes. But you will also be working as a Mechanic ensuring we deliver the best quality electric bikes to our customers and making sure processes and procedures are followed.
At Zoomo we seek people who are fun, energetic, customer friendly and hard working. We’re looking for a customer obsessed problem solver. This role is exceptionally important; you’re the face of Zoomo and pillar of our day to day service and maintenance operation. We sell complicated products, you need to be comfortable explaining the technical aspects of a bike to customers as well as the financial aspects of our rent. On top of that you perform basic repairs on our bikes and work closely with our mechanic team to ensure best in class quality of our product.
- Provide accurate information to customers (e.g. product features, pricing and after-sales services) and answer customers’ questions about specific products/services
- Build, repair and servicing of bikes to the highest of standards as expected by Zoomo, this includes diagnose required services, fault find and actual mechanic repair of Zoomo e-bikes to enable them to return to the rider in a safe and fully operational condition
- Support our efforts to recover lost and stolen bikes
- Ensure our riders have an awesome and seamless in-person support experience
- Walk riders through the on-boarding process and help existing riders troubleshoot any issues they experience
- Meet store sales targets in collaboration with the rest of the team
- Our data is important! Complete store administration and ensure compliance with policies and procedures
- Maintains store H&S compliance and housekeeping standards including visual marketing and merchandising of store
- Improve brand awareness and support marketing activities through Berlin to grow our customer base
- Ultimately, you will ensure that customers leave our store satisfied and you will contribute to the store’s profitability.
Candidates with strong communication skills who can make customers feel welcome in our store will stand out. You will help identify client needs, present and answer questions about our products and services and recommend solutions. A positive attitude and a desire to promptly resolve potential customer issues or complaints will make you successful in this role.
- Proven work experience as a (Bike) Mechanic, Assistant Store Manager, Sales Associate or similar role
- You’re willing and enthusiastic about selling our product to potential riders and ideally have a track record of achieving sales targets.
- Professional or personal experience in technical field and ideally repairing bicycles including motorbikes, e-mopeds or even cars
- Familiarity with consumer behavior principles, you’re a cool and calm operator; diffusing heated situations and turning irate customers into Zoomo promoters is your cup of tea
- Excellent communication skills, capable of building trusting relationships
- Interest and knowledge in mobility, micro mobility or with e-bikes
- You’re able to quickly and efficiently problem solve and troubleshoot - if you don’t know the answer, you know where to look and who to ask
- Strong organization skills and the ability to multi-task is key
- Has fun and enjoys working in a collaborative environment
- European drivers license required
- Fluent communicator in English (B2 or higher) and at least basic German (A2 or higher) as well as any other language e.g. Hindi consider a big plus
We offer you the chance to be part of a team at the cutting edge of the world’s electrification journey, including:
- Working with a switched on team that strives to make the streets greener and serve the rider
- A competitive salary
- Contribution to public transport and budget for personal tools/hardware
- Monthly team outings & events
- Get to know our product by using one of our e-bikes
- Annual learning and development allowance
- Mental wellbeing support
Zoomers currently represent 45 nationalities and we celebrate diversity and inclusion with equal opportunities for all.