Senior Bicycle Mechanic (E-Bikes)
At Zoomo, our vision is to transition every urban mile to Light Electric Vehicles (LEVs). Zoomo offers the world’s leading platform for commercial use e-bikes. We operate across the USA, UK, Europe, Canada and Australia. In 4 years Zoomo has helped transition millions of urban miles to light electric vehicles, built a team of >300 world class engineers, operators, sales staff and vehicle repair technicians; developed and deployed the world's best last mile delivery electric bikes and fleet management software; and successfully sold these fleet solutions into the world's leading logistics businesses.
Zoomo vehicles are used by major players in the food, grocery and parcel delivery segments with partners including UberEats, Doordash, JustEat Takeaway, Deliveroo, Domino’s, Pizza Hut, Amazon, FedEx, Getir, Ocado, GoPuff and many more.
Expect to join a high-performing team where you are trusted to make a direct impact on our business, our customers and our planet.
In this role you will be working as a Senior Mechanic with the aim to progress into the Store Manager of our newest store in Birmingham, being a brand ambassador for Zoomo, ensuring the highest level of customer service and informing our customers the specs of our awesome e-bikes and making sure processes and procedures are followed.
At Zoomo we seek people who are fun, energetic, customer friendly and hard working. We’re looking for a customer obsessed problem solver. This role is exceptionally important; you’re the face of Zoomo and responsible for the team who will directly represent Zoomo to customers. We sell complicated products, you need to be comfortable explaining the technical aspects of a bike to customers as well as the financial aspects of our rent, rent to own or theft cover plans.
You will be dealing with some of the most challenging problems in electric vehicles, last mile delivery, food delivery and consumer credit.
- Oversees and manages store staff, including recognising new training opportunities, providing feedback, enhancing sales abilities, and developing staff members
- Our data is important! Complete store administration and ensure compliance with policies and procedures
- Repair and servicing of bikes to the highest of standards as expected by Zoomo.
- Mentor and motivate bike mechanics to deliver timely and high quality services to the riders.
- Communicates store goals, brand awareness, and company messages to team members while promoting product knowledge
- Assesses team member performance and delivers performance review in collaboration with Area Manager
- Reports sales, visual presentations, team member development, and store performance figures to Area Manager
- Creates employee schedules and manages hourly employee time recording, absences and holiday requests
- Maintains store H&S compliance and housekeeping standards
- Ensures that visual marketing and merchandising of store meets established brand standards
- Ensure our riders have an awesome and seamless in-person support experience
- Walk riders through the on-boarding process and all safety requirements
- Help existing riders troubleshoot any issues they experience
- Work with the operations team and Area Manager to continuously improve our support processes
- Work with Area Manager to implement retail foundations and discuss new business opportunities for the stores
- Play a key role in the hiring process and is able to conduct first stage interviews
- Train retail staff on best practices for selling, using Zoomo systems, customer service and technical specifications of e-bikes.
- Stay on top of new Zoomo policies, procedures, and programs that affect riders
- Provide accurate information to customers (e.g. product features, pricing and after-sales services)
- Answer customers’ questions about specific products/services
- Conduct price and feature comparisons to facilitate purchasing
- Ultimately, you will ensure that customers leave our store satisfied and you will contribute to the store’s profitability.
Candidates with strong communication skills who can make customers feel welcome in our store will stand out. You will help identify client needs, present and answer questions about our products and services and recommend solutions. A positive attitude and a desire to promptly resolve potential customer issues or complaints will make you successful in this role.
- Proven work experience as a Senior Bike Mechanic, Assistant / Store Manager or similar role
- Familiarity with consumer behavior principles, you’re a cool and calm operator; diffusing heated situations and turning irate customers into Zoomo promoters is your cup of tea
- Track record of achieving sales targets.
- Excellent communication skills, capable of building trusting relationships
- Flexibility to work various shifts patterns.
- Interest and knowledge in mobility, micro mobility or with e-bikes
- You’re willing and enthusiastic about selling our product to potential riders
- You’re a patient teacher and have a passion for empowering others
- You’re able to quickly and efficiently problem solve and troubleshoot - if you don’t know the answer, you know where to look and who to ask
- Strong organization skills and the ability to multi-task is key
- Can build “stuff” - approaches, processes, tools and change methodologies
- Inquisitive - infectiously curious, thoughtful and happy to question the status-quo
- Has fun and enjoys working in a collaborative environment.
We offer you the chance to be part of a team at the cutting edge of the world’s electrification journey, including:
- Working with a switched-on team that strives to make the streets greener and serve the rider
- Basic salary of £30,828
- Global and country-specific benefits packages
- Monthly team outings & events
- Get to know our product by using one of our e-bikes
- Annual learning and development allowance
- Mental wellbeing support
Zoomers currently represent 45 nationalities and we celebrate diversity and inclusion with equal opportunities for all.