Bicycle Mechanic - Part Time (m/f/d)
At Zoomo, our vision is to transition every urban mile to Light Electric Vehicles (LEVs). Zoomo offers the world’s leading platform for commercial use e-bikes. We operate across the USA, UK, Europe, Canada and Australia. In 4 years Zoomo has helped transition millions of urban miles to light electric vehicles, built a team of >300 world class engineers, operators, sales staff and vehicle repair technicians; developed and deployed the world's best last mile delivery electric bikes and fleet management software; and successfully sold these fleet solutions into the world's leading logistics businesses.
Zoomo vehicles are used by major players in the food, grocery and parcel delivery segments with partners including UberEats, Doordash, JustEat Takeaway, Deliveroo, Domino’s, Pizza Hut, Amazon, FedEx, Getir, Ocado, GoPuff and many more.
Expect to join a high-performing team where you are trusted to make a direct impact on our business, our customers and our planet.
- Assemble and inspect new Zoomo Bikes before adding them to the fleet.
- Inspect Zoomo bikes and run diagnostics to discover any functionality issues.
- You are the first contact person for the customer assigned to you and you are enjoying daily customer contact.
- Repairing and servicing of the e-bikes to the highest level of quality.
- Perform scheduled e-bike maintenance onsite and offsite.
- Keep logs of work and report on any issues
- Ensure that your work area is safe, clean & tidy.
- Professional or personal experience with bicycles including motorbikes, e-mopeds or even cars
- First experience in customer service or customer facing roles
- Ideally first experience with e-bikes and lithium ion batteries
- Aptitude in using various hand tools (screwdrivers, hammers etc.) and precision measurement tools (e.g. calipers)
- Ability to work independently, but also must be able to work together with global teams.
- A strong commitment to all health and safety guidelines
- Flexibility is an absolute must, we are a startup and things change daily so we hope you will remain flexible outside of your responsibilities to work other days or at a different location in your proximity.
- Knowledge of English or/and German required.
- A Driving licence class B is desirable but not essential.
- A passion for bicycles!
At Zoomo, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment and equal opportunities. We offer you the chance to be part of an organisation in hyper-growth mode that offers many opportunities for personal development, such as
- 14€ - 15€ per hour depending on experience
- Flexible working hours and days
- Free e-bike depending on availability.
- Global fun with a team from the UK, Australia, USA, Philippines, France and more..
- Work in a well-funded start-up with a strong leadership team and global presence.
- The chance to be part of an organisation in hyper-growth with plenty of opportunities for personal development.
- The full support of an experienced management team in achieving your professional goals.
Zoomo is an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.