Senior Product Designer
At Zoomo, our vision is to transition every urban mile to Light Electric Vehicles (LEVs). Zoomo offers the world’s leading platform for commercial use e-bikes. We operate across the USA, UK, Europe, Canada and Australia. In 4 years Zoomo has helped transition millions of urban miles to light electric vehicles, built a team of >300 world class engineers, operators, sales staff and vehicle repair technicians; developed and deployed the world's best last mile delivery electric bikes and fleet management software; and successfully sold these fleet solutions into the world's leading logistics businesses.
Zoomo vehicles are used by major players in the food, grocery and parcel delivery segments with partners including UberEats, Doordash, JustEat Takeaway, Deliveroo, Domino’s, Pizza Hut, Amazon, FedEx, Getir, Ocado, GoPuff and many more.
Expect to join a high-performing team where you are trusted to make a direct impact on our business, our customers and our planet.
What We’re Looking For
Do you love complex problems, making people's lives easier, and directly enabling the transition to more sustainable modes of transport? We're looking for a Senior Product Designer to join Zoomo’s Software Team, with a focus on making our internal and customer-facing software applications easier, more efficient, and more enjoyable to use. If you are dedicated to user experience, love solving problems and value variety, this is a great opportunity for you.
As a Senior Product Designer on the Zoomo Software Team, you'll work with a cross-functional group of Engineers and Product Managers to define, build, and continuously improve the Software applications that both Zoomo and our Customers use every day to operate our industry-leading commercial light electric vehicle fleet.
Your mission will be to deliver high-quality end-to-end experiences our customers love. You'll improve the core experiences across our software products, including designing for applications across Web (React, Angular Applications), iOS (Native Swift), and Android (Native Kotlin) platforms.
You'll focus on how we can increase customer satisfaction, improve mission-critical workflow efficiency, and deliver high-impact software features for Zoomo and our customers.
- At a department level, you’ll collaborate with Product Managers, Technical Leads, and Zoomo’s Leadership Team to help define the future of Zoomo’s Software products. You'll have a large amount of ownership and autonomy across the entire design process; rather than just designing individual features, you'll determine the experience of our business's exciting and critical area.
- At a squad level, you’ll take full ownership of software product design in both the discovery and delivery stages. You’ll collaborate with product management from the very early stages to find the right problem to tackle, explore ideas for how to solve it, and then refine it into a coherent solution.
- Lead design research activities to uncover customer experience insights and collaborate with engineering and product management teams. Along the way, you’ll validate assumptions through sketching and prototyping and use your deep understanding of users and customers to design and ship great software products.
- Participate in design reviews across squads to help define and evolve Zoomo’s software design system and patterns to meet the needs of our growing ecosystem of software applications.
- Help define high standards and consistent processes for product design deliverables and cross-functional collaboration, and actively participate in knowledge sharing across software and hardware design teams to promote best practices and consistency across our diverse product lines.
What you’ll do at Zoomo:
- Work closely with the Core Software Team, including PMs and Cross-Functional Engineers.
- Focus on the UX and UI of our Web and Mobile products.
- Systemize, create and maintain our Design Components and Design System.
- Prototype (breadboards, wireframes or whatever you prefer) to validate Customer problems.
- Create high-fidelity designs and prototypes within Figma and work closely with Frontend Engineering, Product and Stakeholders to see your work through to release!
- 3-5+ years of Web Design experience and application of common Web UX/UI patterns and libraries (we use Material UI).
- Strong proficiency in conducting and applying customer research, including design thinking, prototyping, and conceptual modelling.
- Strong proficiency with Figma and Figma Prototyping to the point where you’re comfortable with creating Components, applying Properties (variants, instance swaps etc.) and Auto-Layout where necessary.
- A methodical and thoughtful approach to your design process.
- Experience with Design Libraries and/or Componentized Design Systems.
- Demonstrated track record of driving a user-centred design process to tackle complex customer problems in a startup environment.
- Strong facilitation and cross-functional collaboration skills: you can demonstrate the ability to work across multiple teams, solicit and synthesize feedback, facilitate design discussions, and bring stakeholders with you on the design journey.
- An iterative design process – always sketching, showing work in progress, and validating with customers and data.
- Appetite to ship working software in a timely manner.
While it’s not required, it’s an added plus if you have:
- Knowledge of common Mobile App Design Patterns (or open to exploring this)
- An understanding and appreciation of Human Interface Guidelines
- Experience with Web-Based interaction design
- Experience working across timezones (we operate in 7 countries)
We offer you the chance to be part of a team at the cutting edge of the world’s electrification journey, including:
- Working with a switched on team that strives to make the streets greener and serve the rider
- A competitive salary
- Global and country-specific benefits packages
- Flexible working that is focussed on the delivery of OKRs
- Annual learning and development allowance
- Mental wellbeing support
Zoomers currently represent 45 nationalities and we celebrate diversity and inclusion with equal opportunities for all.